By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Entwined what a neat surprise

I have bought Entwined yesterday and I gotta say I really enjoyed it. Its really short but its also just 8€. The game is more a coordantion excercise then anything else, but its really nice. The thing I liked about it the most is how relaxing it was, it reminded me of something I thoroughly love, Flower. I also liked how the more I played the better I got, it was really satisfying.  The music fits the art perfectly, and eventough its not the most beautyfull game ever made, it does look neat and has this really nice artstyle. I can´t wait for it to come out on the Vita so I can play it with headphones on the go. I am going to write a review about it and plan to give it an 8/10. My only gripes are that it is a bit pretentious, not as much as Transistor but a little bit, the story doesn´t matter at all, and its really light on content. But then again its really cheap.

Has anyone of you guys played it yet, and if yes what did you think about it, would you recommend it to your friends? And if not would you consider playing it eventually?

Around the Network

It interests me for the co-op aspect and it feels bit more relaxing experience similar to "That Game Company" titles.

I like it, great to play for a bit after a long game session. It looks awesome on a projector, but that also makes it a bit harder to play, hard to focus on both sides at once when they're far apart.

Why is it pretentious? I don't understand why that word always gets thrown around with indies. Giving something a bit of a back story (I wouldn't even have noticed there was one with this if it weren't for reviews) automatically makes it pretentious?

Augen said:
It interests me for the co-op aspect and it feels bit more relaxing experience similar to "That Game Company" titles.

Yeah its just not as polished, but neither was flow the first game of Thatgamecompany

SvennoJ said:
I like it, great to play for a bit after a long game session. It looks awesome on a projector, but that also makes it a bit harder to play, hard to focus on both sides at once when they're far apart.

Why is it pretentious? I don't understand why that word always gets thrown around with indies. Giving something a bit of a back story (I wouldn't even have noticed there was one with this if it weren't for reviews) automatically makes it pretentious?

Because it tries to convey emotions thorugh the enviroments and wants to build a depper naravive then it actually. It tries a bit to hard to be artsy but just a little bit. I still liked it a lot and maybe they will be able to fullfill their ambitions in the next game. 

I mean some reviews really annoyed, they are whacking this game for being pretentious while giving Transistor top scores. Altough I would agree with the score of most major sites. I still really like it

Around the Network

I liked it so much i made a thread too http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185040&page=1#

Anyways..I'm trying to finish the challenge levels..but I'm really struggling..am i the only one finding this a bit too difficult ?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I bought it immediately after the announcement at E3 and completed the story mode in one session. I mean it's not that long, it's just about 90 minutes long, but I really enjoyed playing it. It's fun and well made with a good soundtrack and neat art, even though it's quite simple. I'm eager what games developer PixelOpus will make in the future. They definitely are a talented group!

Bottom line: If you like creative games that provide fun and challenging gameplay with lovely music and art style then give it a shot!

It does look like a lot of fun!

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

Shinobi-san said:
I liked it so much i made a thread too http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=185040&page=1#

Anyways..I'm trying to finish the challenge levels..but I'm really struggling..am i the only one finding this a bit too difficult ?

Oh yeah, it is indeed difficult. I'm still at first stage "Water" :x My record is only about 130 points, so I need 50(!) more points, though I tried it only 3-4 times sofar.

not yet but eventually.

yeah, how long has pixal opus been a studio now? i was surprised they announced their game and then BAM it was on psn. they can't have been a studio for all that long. are we going to get yearly small titles out of this team? i'd like that.