By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Titanfall beat EA's sales expectations (but they still have no figures to share); consoles retain a strong online community but PC is dipping

MoHasanie said:
Teeqoz said:

I doubt they expected the Xbone to have a userbase of this size already, atleast until it had launched and they saw that the demand for nextgen consoles was really there.

I agree, but when they signed the exclusivity deal with Microsoft, they expected the X1 to be doing better and winning North America. When you think about it like that then I think EA was not very happy that they made it exclusive.

This is my argument.. you know their expectations had to of changed after the fact.  Lmao.. the tenacity of some people believing EA lowballed their sales expectations from the getgo with a game that recieved as much hype as TF garnered, exclusivity or not.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
BillyBong said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
If anyone provides any more spin after that post right above this one, anyone who reads this thread will get motion sickness.

I can't find anything about PS4 flopping in the link you provided. Can you please show me where it says anything about PS4 flopping? Or even Xbone dominating? Actually don't bother, I see your next link is Pachter LOL.

spin what you want..

Exclusivity deal was put in place before gen8 console launches.  why?  because EA thought that MS had a leg up on Sony for gen8 based on gen7 data.  Reality?  Gen8 is being dominated by the PS4.  EA gambled wrong.  Sorry, but saying TF met sales expectations 4 months after release is pure damage control.  you really expecting TF sales longevity going in multi-years?  the hype is deflated and gone.

And who said anything about flopping?  If there were to be any flop, it was EA's expectations that the X1 would generate the sales need to cover the cost of not going multiplat.  Somthing they do out of the blue because they truly had to believe their analysis.. not because TF IP was "unique".. lmao.

If common sense can't make you see.. keep on the dribbling.. it's not hard to look up the history of TF pre-release and make 1 and 1 after release.  i'm done here.. defend away.

You are the one who said flop. You said EA thought the PS4 would flop. I am trying to find that in the article you linked. It isn't there though, so remember that while you carry on about spin. I'll chime back in when you can link me to EA saying they thought the PS4 would flop. Good luck.

A lot of EA shareholders and internal staff here on that forum... other way how you guys know what EA expectations were and if they met it or not?

MoHasanie said:
Teeqoz said:

I doubt they expected the Xbone to have a userbase of this size already, atleast until it had launched and they saw that the demand for nextgen consoles was really there.

I agree, but when they signed the exclusivity deal with Microsoft, they expected the X1 to be doing better and winning North America. When you think about it like that then I think EA was not very happy that they made it exclusive.

yes, i doubt the chief execs at EA are happy about that, but people should still not say that it was because of the low userbase.