By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Sony make another handheld?

Will they make another handheld?

yes 21 18.42%

no 81 71.05%

hybrid console 12 10.53%

Total:114

I think Sony should make a new Vita which has all the console physical buttons in order to play PS4 remote-play and PSNow titles more comfortably, best if could enlarge the internal memory and the screen to 6'' as well, can name it something like PSVita pro... 

Around the Network
flint said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
flint said:

I think they'll stick with vita for a long time as a PS4 companion and by that point I don't think they'll be making another handheld. Playstation and Nintendo should both be focusing their draw of games on just one console soon enough, and for Sony that will be a powerful black box.

Ninty will continue on doing both. 

to the op: Sony will go a cheaper route next in the future. Sony fans will likely demand it, and they will follow.

Are you 100% sure, asking you to buy two consoles for their first party seems like a big ask. A handheld of somekind designed to display equally as well on a TV screen, with all their first party at a relitively low price, seems like a smart move.

yea i'm 100%, but i also agree. i just wish Sony would add PS2 games for Vita TV. that's a smart move.

i've always believed, what's on home consoles should never b on handhelds.

Vita will be the last dedicated videogame handheld from Sony, and that's a shame. In my opinion, the lack of support for the system automatically killed it everywhere but Japan. If they made a model that uses normal SD cards, it would have been better too.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.