By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Wii U+ XBOX ONE outsell 3DS?

tak13 said:
drake_tolu said:
shikamaru317 said:
drake_tolu said:

Really you think the 4DS comin on the end of 2015?????

Oh please, you is not seen NOTING in this E3, and for 3DS coming this year new Pokémon, Bravely Second, Moster Hunter 4G, Smash Bros, and much other games...

So, this prediction is impossible.

The new DS will coming minimum 2016, and for me in 2018.

On second thought, Holiday 2015 isn't that likely, but I think early-mid 2016 is a definite possibility at this point. The 3DS is already starting to lag behind even budget smartphones/tablets graphically, and I've noticed that more and more kids want a smartphone or tablet to game on nowadays than a handheld (kids were the main driving force behind the DS's astounding sales). The market is changing and it will likely force Nintendo to shorten their handheld lifecycles.

And I agree that the 3DS has an awesome slate of 2014 releases that will likely give it a decent boost this year. Still though, even with the boost from those releases, I can't see the 3DS selling more than about 7 million this year, unless Nintendo announes a price drop before the Holiday season. The 3DS has only sold 2.4m so far this year afterall.

Start 2016 maybe... but 7,000,000 of 3DS for this year is a bad prediction.

Have sold 2,500,000, and with new version, and Pokémon/Moster Hunter/Smash Bros, and with Black Friday/Chrismas minimu 10,000,000 this year... and i think 13,000,000.

by 2018 nintendo would have released the  successor of 3ds successor!2004-2006 ds 2006-2009 dslite 2009-2011 dsi/xl...

Infact i said that 4DS coming in 2018...

Around the Network

my dear drake tolu ,ruby and sapphire could skyrocket 3ds...possible return of gba players, who have stopped playing pokemon since emerald period!so i agree with 13.000.000 or even more! 3ds persona ooo h I don't rember the title s name as we saw at media create increased suddenly japan sales by 14,000... 3ds is being able to sale November-December 7-8 million;)

WiiU 15m
XO 50M
3DS 75M

my dear,my answer was for shikamaru...

drake_tolu said:
tak13 said:
drake_tolu said:
shikamaru317 said:
drake_tolu said:

Really you think the 4DS comin on the end of 2015?????

Oh please, you is not seen NOTING in this E3, and for 3DS coming this year new Pokémon, Bravely Second, Moster Hunter 4G, Smash Bros, and much other games...

So, this prediction is impossible.

The new DS will coming minimum 2016, and for me in 2018.

On second thought, Holiday 2015 isn't that likely, but I think early-mid 2016 is a definite possibility at this point. The 3DS is already starting to lag behind even budget smartphones/tablets graphically, and I've noticed that more and more kids want a smartphone or tablet to game on nowadays than a handheld (kids were the main driving force behind the DS's astounding sales). The market is changing and it will likely force Nintendo to shorten their handheld lifecycles.

And I agree that the 3DS has an awesome slate of 2014 releases that will likely give it a decent boost this year. Still though, even with the boost from those releases, I can't see the 3DS selling more than about 7 million this year, unless Nintendo announes a price drop before the Holiday season. The 3DS has only sold 2.4m so far this year afterall.

Start 2016 maybe... but 7,000,000 of 3DS for this year is a bad prediction.

Have sold 2,500,000, and with new version, and Pokémon/Moster Hunter/Smash Bros, and with Black Friday/Chrismas minimu 10,000,000 this year... and i think 13,000,000.

by 2018 nintendo would have released the  successor of 3ds successor!2004-2006 ds 2006-2009 dslite 2009-2011 dsi/xl...

Infact i said that 4DS coming in 2018...

my dear,my answer was for shikamaru...!you re in my mind;)3ds SERIES successor not 3ds HANDHELD successor wiil come in 2018

Around the Network

(was a double comment)

Xenostar said:
WiiU 15m
XO 50M
3DS 75M

so you mean that 3dsi or 3dslite will only sale around 20million or you re making the same mistake which most of people are making,considering 3ds    will be one handheld(redisigns arent successors),not a series of successors
wii u 15million is to low...increace your prediction

tak13 said:
Xenostar said:
WiiU 15m
XO 50M
3DS 75M

so you mean that 3dsi or 3dslite will only sale around 20million or you re making the same mistake which most of people are making,considering 3ds   one handheld,not a series
wii u 15million is to low...increace your prediction

no i wont increase my prediction, Nintendos own prediction is 9M by next march, 2 more years of that will put it at 15M, i believe they will replace it by then at the latest. 

3DS could go on to do more, but i also think Nintendo will replace that in the next 2 years just from a natural console cycle. 

no xenostar...nintendo will realease 3ds handheld successor (not new series) in 2015!2004-2006 ds 2006-2009 dslite 2009-2011 dsi/xl or in the end 0f 2014...

shikamaru317 said:
tak13 said:

no xenostar...nintendo will realease 3ds handheld successor (not new series) in 2015!2004-2006 ds 2006-2009 dslite 2009-2011 dsi/xl or in the end 0f 2014...

The market is changing, Nintendo is no longer competing against other handhelds, their primary competition is the smartphone/tablet market. Nintendo won't be able to maintain long handheld generations any longer, not when new generations of smartphones/tablets are released every year. The 3DS's graphics are already behind budget smartphones and tablets, you really think that anybody other than core Nintendo fans will continue to buy the 3DS for 3 more years? The primary force behind the DS's high sales, children, are already starting to ask for smartphones and tablets to play games on instead of a 3DS. Out of all the kids I know, only 2 have a 3DS, the rest all play games on budget smartphones and tablets. Most of Nintendo's sales now are from the Nintendo fans that have stuck with Nintendo over the years, and from the children of those Nintendo fans whose parents have shared with them a love for Nintendo, they're not winning many new gamers anymore. Nintendo is going to have to shorten the lifespans of their handhelds if they want to continue to compete. Nintendo will almost assuredly release the 3DS's successor (HDS, 4DS, Fusion DS, whatever you want to call it) within the next 2 years.  

ooooo h again!shikamaru 3ds losing olny from dslite...me when  i m reffering to ds i mean the first handheld  ...and when i m comparing 3ds with previous hanhelds i m doing like this ds to 3ds dslite to 3ds dsi to 3ds! why you quoting me for 3ds life span,i said end of 2014 or early 2015,possibly you mean nintendo have to  release every year a true successor  of new graphics screen size etc...?not a successor like ds to dslite to dsi?