By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U Analyzed and Explained! My Theory of Where and When the Next Game will be Set

DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

It's interesting to me that you concluded that this is not the WW timeline.  I conconcluded the opposite, as this:

Reminds me a lot of this:

In a much more updated - and playable - form.  I picture this new game taking place many years after the WW.  There is also the obvious connection of the blue starting outfit.  Also, with the release of WW on Wii U, it could make sense that this is a direct sequel of some sort, following the timeline of OoT->WW->ZeldaU.

While you make two great points; the blue tunic and WWHD, I don't think Zelda U will be set after WW. And that's because the world they've shown us is so close to the world in OoT that it can impossibly be on the new continent which Spirits Tracks and every other WW-sequel is set on. If anything this might be a prequel to WW! I've discussed these theories of mine and concluded that if this indeed ISN'T Link we've seen then it might be the child of his or a relative of his. The game could be about the actual Flooding that seals the old kingdom of Hyrule beneath the Ocean.

I think it is a LONG time after WW, and the flooding in the old kingdom is gone.

Around the Network
Maraccuda said:
Skidonti said:
I have to admit, I'm going to be 100% disappointed if Nintendo recycles all the same location ideas and place names from Ocarina of Time once again.
I'm so done with that.

Whew, at least I am not the only one. I dont mind if some areas are similar, like Mt. Doom, but keep it subtle.

Me too. When I read "death mountain," I cringed. That's one reason Wind Waker was so refreshing to me. They washed away so much of Ocarina of Time, while still paying respect to it.

I hope this one puts that a step further. I had such high hopes for the new land Wind Waker left, only for it to be called "new Hyrule." I'd be thrilled if this took plce in a different land, honestly. 

TheLastStarFighter said:

I think it is a LONG time after WW, and the flooding in the old kingdom is gone.

It isn't. That land is called New Hyrule and is segmented by train tracks. It already has a specific geography and this land doesn't match it.

TheLastStarFighter said:

What do you base that on? Except the blue shirt? It's as good a theory as any right now =)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Great analysis and very interesting...I don't think speculation about the lore will really get you very far, but it is fun to read. 

Also, I'll add that I don't mind using the same names for places from OoT, as long as they make the places themselves distinct and feel unique. The locations are fairly standard and all encompasing, like a desert, a waterfall, a volcano, a castle etc. so I see no need to throw them away. Just make them interesting enough that they feel new...

DanneSandin said:
Using Paint ain't fun :P

Lies and slander! I use paint for all my sigs xD

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

What do you base that on? Except the blue shirt? It's as good a theory as any right now =)

It's just the vibe I got when looking at the teaser.  It reminded me of looking around at Hyrule under water from the castle, the Hyrule you can't touch.  In a literal extension of that, Aonuma may have said hey... let's build that Hyrule now, because we can.  Add to that the Blue tunic, and the fact that Wii U owners just had WWHD and a sequel to that would make some sense, and I could see it happen.

Alternatively, it could be the WW Hyrule pre-flood, but I don't see them taking a prequel type root after just doing SS.

Another option floating in my head is that it could be on the original LoZ timeline, and it is that world, now brought to life in beautiful 3DHD.  I do get that vibe too, boundless hills and forest and mystery.  I could very much see Aonuma returning to that original Zelda world.

sundin13 said:

Great analysis and very interesting...I don't think speculation about the lore will really get you very far, but it is fun to read.

It's fun to read, and it's fun to do ^^

Also, I'll add that I don't mind using the same names for places from OoT, as long as they make the places themselves distinct and feel unique. The locations are fairly standard and all encompasing, like a desert, a waterfall, a volcano, a castle etc. so I see no need to throw them away. Just make them interesting enough that they feel new...

Amen brotha! I don't care about the name of the places, I care about the feels, man.

DanneSandin said:
Using Paint ain't fun :P

Lies and slander! I use paint for all my sigs xD

Whaaat? For serious?!

Really nice. It was fun to read and I can't wait to see if you are right ^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

TheLastStarFighter said:

It's just the vibe I got when looking at the teaser.  It reminded me of looking around at Hyrule under water from the castle, the Hyrule you can't touch.  In a literal extension of that, Aonuma may have said hey... let's build that Hyrule now, because we can.  Add to that the Blue tunic, and the fact that Wii U owners just had WWHD and a sequel to that would make some sense, and I could see it happen.

Alternatively, it could be the WW Hyrule pre-flood, but I don't see them taking a prequel type root after just doing SS.

Another option floating in my head is that it could be on the original LoZ timeline, and it is that world, now brought to life in beautiful 3DHD.  I do get that vibe too, boundless hills and forest and mystery.  I could very much see Aonuma returning to that original Zelda world.

Yes, it's quite obvious that Aunoma has been inspired by the openess of the first LoZ - something I've been craving for a long time! I think that might be my favorite Zelda still :P

Ninricken said:
Really nice. It was fun to read and I can't wait to see if you are right ^^

Thanks! At this point I don't care if I'm right or wrong =) I just like speculating while waiting for the damn game :D