By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U Analyzed and Explained! My Theory of Where and When the Next Game will be Set

DanneSandin said:
kljesta64 said:
DanneSandin said:

The Sun seem to be to the Left of the Protagonist – which would make that South.

are you saying that where Link stands is south or north. ? If the sun is to his left Link is then facing South. and when facing South in OOT lake hylia is more to the  right and lost woods to the left in the new zelda its the opposite. also it makes much more sense for death mountain to be south and in the new trailer it obviously is.

What I tried to say is that Link is facing somewhere about North West, or something like that.... And that's where Death Mountain is located. It's a very similar layout as is OoT; Lake Hylia in the south, kokiri forest in the east, death mountain in the north....

yes but he is clearly facing south that means that death mountain should be somewhere behind him(north) when compared to OOT but its not considering the new picture/trailer its clearly to the south.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

saw this type of thread yesterday on gaf.

About the protagonist. To me the most logical thing is that the progatogist is sheik/Tetra (an alternative form of Zelda) I dunno I somehow connect Bow and Arrow with no sign of sword whatsoever to Zelda (thanks to TP)

Other possibilities are obviously the child thing you mentioned or its a silbling of Link like in WindWaker.
And since you have never been able to see one of link's parents what if this is a parent?

I mean we already know one link's grandmother. So seeing the world of his parents go down the pooper and having a war with whatever enemy comes up then parents dying or whatever and we get a "17 years later" screen and play as Link.

Off topic but I find it hilarious that so many people on the internet (not here) think its important to have grass like that on WiiU hello did you guys miss FarCry3?

kljesta64 said:
DanneSandin said:

What I tried to say is that Link is facing somewhere about North West, or something like that.... And that's where Death Mountain is located. It's a very similar layout as is OoT; Lake Hylia in the south, kokiri forest in the east, death mountain in the north....

yes but he is clearly facing south that means that death mountain should be somewhere behind him(north) when compared to OOT but its not considering the new picture/trailer its clearly to the south.

I don't really quite understand how you get that he's facing South... If you have the Sun on your Left side, then you have the North on your Right side. Which means the durection you're facing is West. That is, if you're living on the Northern Hemisphere. So I'm afraid I don't understand where you're coming from with all this =S

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

JazzB1987 said:
saw this type of thread yesterday on gaf.

About the protagonist. To me the most logical thing is that the progatogist is sheik/Tetra (an alternative form of Zelda) I dunno I somehow connect Bow and Arrow with no sign of sword whatsoever to Zelda (thanks to TP)

Other possibilities are obviously the child thing you mentioned or its a silbling of Link like in WindWaker.
And since you have never been able to see one of link's parents what if this is a parent?

I mean we already know one link's grandmother. So seeing the world of his parents go down the pooper and having a war with whatever enemy comes up then parents dying or whatever and we get a "17 years later" screen and play as Link.

Off topic but I find it hilarious that so many people on the internet (not here) think its important to have grass like that on WiiU hello did you guys miss FarCry3?

I don't think this is Zelda since Aunoma apparently has come out and said that it is in fact a boy. I think? Anywhoo, if this indeed IS Zelda or a sibling to Link, or a parent for that matter, I think that reinforces my theory that this is a prequel to ALTTP and that this game is about the Sealing War.

But I gotta say... you mentioning his grandmother. What if this is his grandfather in the WW timeline and it is HE who causes the Flood? I haven't played WW yet so I don't know if this is at all possible

It's interesting to me that you concluded that this is not the WW timeline.  I conconcluded the opposite, as this:

Reminds me a lot of this:

In a much more updated - and playable - form.  I picture this new game taking place many years after the WW.  There is also the obvious connection of the blue starting outfit.  Also, with the release of WW on Wii U, it could make sense that this is a direct sequel of some sort, following the timeline of OoT->WW->ZeldaU.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

It's interesting to me that you concluded that this is not the WW timeline.  I conconcluded the opposite, as this:

In a much more updated - and playable - form.  I picture this new game taking place many years after the WW.  There is also the obvious connection of the blue starting outfit.  Also, with the release of WW on Wii U, it could make sense that this is a direct sequel of some sort, following the timeline of OoT->WW->ZeldaU.

That Hyrule is drowned and dead though. You can't go there after Wind Waker. That was the whole point of Wind Waker's ending segment, old Hyrule is dead.
It would have to be before Wind Waker if you want it to take place there.

I have to admit, I'm going to be 100% disappointed if Nintendo recycles all the same location ideas and place names from Ocarina of Time once again.
I'm so done with that.

Skidonti said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

That Hyrule is drowned and dead though. You can't go there after Wind Waker. That was the whole point of Wind Waker's ending segment, old Hyrule is dead.
It would have to be before Wind Waker if you want it to take place there.

If water can come, water can go.

TheLastStarFighter said:

While you make two great points; the blue tunic and WWHD, I don't think Zelda U will be set after WW. And that's because the world they've shown us is so close to the world in OoT that it can impossibly be on the new continent which Spirits Tracks and every other WW-sequel is set on. If anything this might be a prequel to WW! I've discussed these theories of mine and concluded that if this indeed ISN'T Link we've seen then it might be the child of his or a relative of his. The game could be about the actual Flooding that seals the old kingdom of Hyrule beneath the Ocean.

Skidonti said:
I have to admit, I'm going to be 100% disappointed if Nintendo recycles all the same location ideas and place names from Ocarina of Time once again.
I'm so done with that.

Whew, at least I am not the only one. I dont mind if some areas are similar, like Mt. Doom, but keep it subtle.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda