By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Nintendo run out of ideas for new IP's?

New IP's are overrated, what matter is new gameplay experiences.

That is, unless you want to play a movie, then I can understand the need for new characters. But I think cinematic games are no where near the best movies when it comes to storytelling and character development. That's why I don't like playing them, I would rather spend the time on a great movie or book, feels like I get more out of it.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
He said a good IP, we don't know if this new one is good or not yet.
To me, Nintendo just don't deliver a really good new IP since the 90's... that's totally unacceptable.

But Pikmin is good!

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

ChrnoTodd said:

No!! Nintendo NEVER creates a new IP. The games in that picture don't count as new IPs. They don't exist.  Nintendo's last new IP was Pikmin. 

/sarcasm

Thread is as pointless as this post.

In the last 10 years there were rarely new blockbuster AAA IPs coming from Nintendo, all the innovation was happening on other systems. The only really new game I can think of is Xenoblade and even that was based on Xenosage / Xenogears.

Most of the games from the picture abover are either no new IP becuse the series exists for a very long time (since Gameboy / NES:  Starfy, Glory of Heracles, Famicom Wars) and / or they are not coming from Nintendo.

Around the Network

there's already 5 new ips from this gen from Nintendo....

steam, pushmo, Dillon, w101 and spaltoon are what I know of.

Pushmo is a great puzzle game, dillion and steam(probably) are fun.......splatoon is splatoon and its amazing and w101 is just underarrted but great,