By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So the Gap Has Disappeared...

VanceIX said:
More like devs aren't optimizing for PS4 hardware. Devs build games to run on the least powerful console and then go from there. I doubt you'll ever be seeing Naughty Dog-caliber graphics on the Xbox One.

Then how do you explain the fact that the technical gap was wider a few months ago ?

Also, are you implying the lead build is on the least powerful console ? ("Devs build games to run on the least powerful console and then go from there.")

Around the Network

The gap has certainly not disappeared and Sony will probably update their PS4 dev kits and OS as well.

Pretty much true. At first ps4 gpu was 50% stronger, but new SDK doubled X1 hardware and made it stronger than ps4. With directx 12 I expect X1 to outdo sli titan and run games @4K.
The gap wasn't there at all, nba2k14 was 1080p on both and ufc is 900p on both as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

FIT_Gamer said:

That whole "the human eye can only see 24fps" excuse is retarded. You can easily tell the difference between 30fps and 60fps. Especially in fast twitch games. 

To the OP...lol no.

Actually the human eye has a variable "fps tracking" depending on the attention. The more focused we are the more our brain "captures" the moment, which is why on certain crucial moments things seem to be slow-mo

we are probably way above 40 fps on average

bigfatshady said:

I dont know about the graphics being better than the PS4 but I had no doubt that the X1 would sooner than later match the PS4 in that department. So the next thing will be Sony fanboys will say " Oh yeah, well my game is at 60fps and your is only at 30!" Na,na,na,na! Even though the human eye can't discern anything more that 24 fps. That is why movies are shot that way. Sigh.....

so much ignorance in this statement that is mindblowing... so now the human eye limit is 24 fps? lol

Around the Network

The conclusion seems like a premature ejaculation!

Classic toast thread! I missed this.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The PS4 is still much more powerful and will always have higher frame rates and better textures or effects.

2008ProchargedGT said:
Dark_Feanor said:
2008ProchargedGT said:

You post alot in these type of threads and seem to really feel the need to defend anything Xbox related even if it dosent make sense so im going to try and break it down for you so you can look at this whole gap thing through another perspective.

Ok so you need to buy a new car cus your old one just isnt getting it done anymore its time to trade up. You go to the lot and see two cars that tickle your fancy they are the same car practically the only difference is the mile per gallon each car gets for gas. Car 1 gets lets say 30 MPG not bad however Car 4 gets roughly 50% more ,about 45MPG. Sure car 1 can get equal gas MPG as car 4 if the driver for car 1 is really light footed and babies the car drives real EFFICENTLY and all while at the same time the driver of car 4 stomps on the gas drives up hills and in traffic.... but with all things equal driver, roads, weather car 4 will always get better MPG. Oh and this just in from the dealer car 1 is on sale for the same price as car 4!!!! why would anyone logicaly pick car 1? 

I know shit about cars, I thought this was a game related site.

But may be car 1 has a nicer interface, a better sterio sound, parking camera, leater seats... or the guy just liked the look and feel of car 1.

Well, my friend there is people that buys a lot of things and realy don't care about the MPG or resolution that much.

>my anology

>your head

guess it went right over

That was a nice try lol

It's fun how he switch back to interface and "but graphics don't matter".