By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PlayStation 2 - Best Console Ever Released!

Play4Fun said:

It's a gaming forum, people discuss and argue, it's not about gaining anything. I saw you reaching a little too hard with the whole mature thing and decided to call you out on it. That is all.

If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting so much. Dunno why ppl on the internet always do that.

Dude relax, I obviously care enough to be on this thread, point is I dont care about which platform is a mature console or not. And as u said its a forum, I just don't care much about my opinion of the inclinations that either platform holder owns. And I think you are taking this all too seriously. Like so what really if i think or say that playstation was marketed to mature audiences and nintendo wasn't. Fact of the matter is that if you dug a litle and looked at the average age bracket of playstation owners back in 1996, 1998 and 2002 actually... here is an example of such a survey

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/newswire/2009/every-gaming-system-has-its-fans-but-women-like-wii.html

What I am saying is nothing new at all,  I just didnt care enough to start digging and look for samples of the data till now since you seem to be taking this the wrong way. If you want i dig a bot more and find the date related to the PSX and N64. I just know for a fact that nintendo has always sold more to younger audiences since its till this day regarded as the family console.

Around the Network

PS2 sales never match DS/Wii. The reason PS2 sold more units than them is because PS2 had 13 years lifespan when DS has 10 years and Wii only has 8 years (when i post this)

Most Anticipated Games on Wii U

Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Zelda Wii U, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, 3D Metroid game, another 3D Mario game.

Most Anticipated Games on 3DS

Super Smash Bros. 3DS, Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, Xenoblade Chronicles(N3DS).

While SNES is my favourite, PS2 is high up there, probably a close second along with PS1, NES and Gamecube.

Chris Hu said:
think-man said:
It was great, Mine lastest the whole gen and is still alive today. 13 years old and still going strong.

That pretty good most of the early fat ones released in the US ended up not working anymore due to the DRE problem.  Got a silver slim one that was made in 2008 that still works perfectly.

There was actually a really easy fix for that. You just had to open it up and fiddle with a screw that tightened the lens. I never actually bought one but a friend of mine gave me his old one because of the disk read error and I was able to fix it and fall in love with kingdom hearts.

my favorite console is the 360 for a few reasons. Extended length of generation meant more games. Rise of small downloadable titles. Explosion of quality western rpgs. Invention of achievements.  Most social generation for me because of online play. A huge number of my old favorite games were re-released in HD versions or compilations like the Sonic Genesis Collection.

However, if my first six months with Playstation 4 is any indicator it may end up being my favorite.

I owned a PS2 and really had great time, the library was the best, and it's not about raw power or anything, but really I hated the PS2 rendering and graphics. Most of the games on the PS2 was rendered greyed, and I think any game had very low def flat textures, fog, no AA, it was really a pain to see the games. Even the best ones, somewhat impressive in term of scale, effects, polygon counts had that grey and depressive look.
I owned a PC and GC at this time, played quite a lot on DC, and it was shiny, detailed, with AA, etc.

Around the Network

PS2= MOST OVERRATED SYSTEM EVER

ExplodingBlock said:

155+ million customers disagree with you on that.

bubblegamer said:
ExplodingBlock said:

155+ million customers disagree with you on that.

I don't think that's the correct way to use that statistic...

Anyways, great system. Greatest? I dunno. It's not really a battle. You've gotta play more than just the PS2 to get the whole picture of retro gaming! But leaving PS2 completely out would be criminal.

Not even the best Playstation console, PS3 and PS1 have more interesting games.

For me, I'd say that SNES has aged the best.