By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FIXED! Having trouble with Xbox One and Free Game with Gold? (Max and Halo Spartan Assult?)

Like many of you I was getting stuck at 99% downloaded or other errors.  Never fear, Lieutenant Zappykins is here to the rescue. 

So I had to do a manual 'forced update.'  It literally takes no more than a few minutes.

Go to Settings > System > Update my Console.

That's it.  Your Xbox One will reboot, you will see that green loading screen bar.  When it finished you should get the updates that 'Max: Curse of the Brotherhood' and 'Halo: Spartan Assault' are ready to play.

Happy Gaming!

PS While you are at it, find a cord and make sure you updated your controller too.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Thanks for the tip.

Does the controller really need to be updated as well though? What would even be in a controller update

Nah, I think it was mostly for TitanFall.  I  just like to keep my maintenance together.  Plus, for many it's probably the first time they saw that screen.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:

Like many of you I was getting stuck at 99% downloaded or other errors.  Never fear, Lieutenant Zappykins is here to the rescue. 

So I had to do a manual 'forced update.'  It literally takes no more than a few minutes.

Go to Settings > System > Update my Console.

That's it.  Your Xbox One will reboot, you will see that green loading screen bar.  When it finished you should get the updates that 'Max: Curse of the Brotherhood' and 'Halo: Spartan Assault' are ready to play.

Happy Gaming!

PS While you are at it, find a cord and make sure you updated your controller too.

I had this problem early on with mine. Went through same thing to correct but just be careful  your drive isn't faulty and this is the start of problems like it was for me. 

I can not download it because I am from a region where Xbox one is not officialy released :(;

GamechaserBE said:
I can not download it because I am from a region where Xbox one is not officialy released :(;

Bummer dude!  Can you set it to another region? 

At least put it in your que online, and hopefully you will be able to have the game.  (By loging into Xbox Live on a PC.)

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Hey can I claim the games for the future without downloading them?

This update also allows you to connect an external hard drive now too, and a few other updates i.e. automatically logged in, real names for friends. I went to the xbox website on my pc, and selected them there. When I turned it on, they were in my games, and app folders waiting for me to download them.

Zappykins said:
GamechaserBE said:

Bummer dude!  Can you set it to another region? 

At least put it in your que online, and hopefully you will be able to have the game.  (By loging into Xbox Live on a PC.)

That is exactly what I wanted to do but then it said I can't do it because I am from an other region... Sad because I wanted to download the gold games so when I get my Xbox one I already have a nice collection of games :(;.

JoeTheBro said:
Hey can I claim the games for the future without downloading them?

Yes, it's my understanding you can.  There still is a little debate about it, but log onto Xbox LIve, have Xbox Live Gold, and 'buy' the game for $0.00, just like you do for regular Games with Gold.  Then when you get your Xbox One you will have a nice little collection already!

Tell me a funny joke!

Halo: SA isnt THAT bad, its fun for the most part so far.

I havent tried max yet, but it was on the radar for a sale, glad its even better free.

First free game I have gotten from MS since undertow on x360.