By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube 2.0 it is then.

Would you buy a Wii U with Gamecube controller ports?

Naw 61 28.77%

wellp, maybe 38 17.92%

sure bra, looks coo 88 41.51%

Show me the lurkers 24 11.32%

Total:211

First a Gameboy Advance "player" and now a GC controller adapter. Yup, it's Gamecube 2.0 alright.

Around the Network

why does it have 2 USB cords?

Memory card slot on rear? I mean the WiiU only lacks GC controller and MemoryCard ports other than that It can play GC games.

forest-spirit said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Can N64 VC games be played on the Wii U through the Wii or something then?

Go into Wii mode and you have access to all VC games released on Wii. They don't support Off-TV mode though.

Edit:

And they don't have the new VC features such as button mapping and save states.

Well, they kinda support Off-TV since you can display Wii mode on the Gamepad. Though it's more like the Gamepad being a TV I guess.

Nintendo Network ID: domflo

Add me if you like!

Ask me about 3DS Friend Code if interested. All other things are in the profile!

forethought14 said:
It's nice to have options, but really, some people need to learn to move on. If Wii 2 U has GameCube controller support.....I don't even know what to think anymore....

Even if the next system supports GC controllers (which it very well may, considering that it uses USB) I fail to see any issues with it. It's just an option after all. If you don't want to use it you won't have to. I'd personally love to see more retro adapters so I can play VC games using NES/SNES/N64/etc. controllers.

sure, when the ps4 comes out with ps2 controller ports..... same line of thinking. if its true i will burn an effigy of iwata.

Around the Network
domflo said:

Well, they kinda support Off-TV since you can display Wii mode on the Gamepad. Though it's more like the Gamepad being a TV I guess.

Oh, that's right. But the pad only works as a screen so you also have to use a Wii controller (unless Nintendo changed that behind my back).

Dat Smash logo though! So epic

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

forest-spirit said:
forethought14 said:
It's nice to have options, but really, some people need to learn to move on. If Wii 2 U has GameCube controller support.....I don't even know what to think anymore....

Even if the next system supports GC controllers (which it very well may, considering that it uses USB) I fail to see any issues with it. It's just an option after all. If you don't want to use it you won't have to. I'd personally love to see more retro adapters so I can play VC games using NES/SNES/N64/etc. controllers.

Yes, it's nice to have, but many people seem to have a prejudice idea that the GC controller is and always will be the best controller for any Smash, when they haven't even tried using Wii U's controllers yet for Smash IV. I'm not against options, but it's just strange how people just don't even wanna consider a different controller.

LiquorandGunFun said:
sure, when the ps4 comes out with ps2 controller ports..... same line of thinking. if its true i will burn an effigy of iwata.

SCE never released an official PS2 controller port hub, but almost entirely due to Street Fighter arcade sticks made for the PS2 being fairly popular items on the competition circuit, several third party vendors sold PS3 compatible, USB based hubs for PS2 controllers.

For SCE, I suppose it's really only an issue of building in support for certain games (those games that are republished through the PSN Store since there's no optical format BC), but given that the DS2 shares the same layout as the DS4, there's a lot less reason for them to release an official hub for PS2 controllers. 

Wawawawawawawait. So this is definitely real?

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity