By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry analysis of Watch Dogs - PS4 version.

Justagamer said:
Is there a comparison of the area they showed in the reveal back in 2012, to the final version of the game? I'd like to see how close they got to matching that reveal video, in a like for like comparison.

I have the game. not that close at all. 

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
Justagamer said:
Is there a comparison of the area they showed in the reveal back in 2012, to the final version of the game? I'd like to see how close they got to matching that reveal video, in a like for like comparison.

I have the game. not that close at all. 

Yeah I picked it up today... Not too bad though.

supernihilist said:
so now 24 fps is ok while they had to put enphasis on MK8 going 59 fps???? amazing....
and screen tearing should be in the "oh god why category"

Yeah. The deal they made about it was absurd. Now less than half is acceptable. Pretty ridiculous. 

episteme said:

E3 2012 was on PC.

No it wasn't. I've played it on PC on ultra and it doesn't looks anywhere close to their previous fake footage. Game itself is good.

torok said:
episteme said:

E3 2012 was on PC.

No it wasn't. I've played it on PC on ultra and it doesn't looks anywhere close to their previous fake footage. Game itself is good.

That? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw&feature=kp

It's not that much worse in my opinion... Eurogamer and others compared it.

I don't even think that the E3 2012 looked as impressive as everyone says... Some parts during the rain at night were as shiny as games with cartoony graphics. I don't like that in games with realistic graphics.

Around the Network

Should we really be comparing third party to first party?

Justagamer said:

The E3 footage suffers from compression, but it's clear the lighting doesn't match at all.

SvennoJ said:
Justagamer said:

The E3 footage suffers from compression, but it's clear the lighting doesn't match at all.

Wow, that's a huge difference in graphic quality. I remember the digital foundry article saying it was confirmed that the e3 2012 reveal was running in pc... I think what ubi did was drop the graphic quality of the pc version so it wouldn't blow the doors off the console versions, which it should have. I've heard a lot of Sony fans talk about parity with the x1.... Well I think we just saw an example of the pc being downgraded in favor of parity with the console versions... It's a shame too, that shit looked amazing compared to the final release... It isn't even close... Not by a mile.

ironmanDX said:
supernihilist said:
so now 24 fps is ok while they had to put enphasis on MK8 going 59 fps???? amazing....
and screen tearing should be in the "oh god why category"

Yeah. The deal they made about it was absurd. Now less than half is acceptable. Pretty ridiculous. 

Except DF didn't make an issue of it at all. They said in the same paragraph that it was a relatively minor issue, and that the majority wouldn't notice it at all :/

It's their job to report on everything they find. Something weird like every 60-ish frame repeating itself is justified in being mentioned, and noticeable to the small number of people sensitive to light stutters.

SvennoJ said:
Justagamer said:

[video]

There is a quote in the artificial saying "Strip out the initial CG inserts and the final PS4 title hands in an overall experience that realises the E3 2012 reveal."

Which parts of the trailer do you suppose they are referring to as CG? They weren't particularly clear.