By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - S-E says their White Engine is not too powerful for the Wii.

Dahuman and lordthenightknight i cannot see this video. >> hmm sorry.

and viper i never said anything about in game, what i was questioning was the cgi scenes

Around the Network
TripleRoxas said:

and viper i never said anything about in game, what i was questioning was the cgi scenes

Why in the world would the Wii not be able to do pre-rendered cutscenes?  The N64 can do CGI, the DS can do CGI.

Hell, all a CGI scene is is just content created on several high end workstations and then recorded as a video file and the video file played back on the console.

A pre-rendered cutscene isn't a factor of the power of the console displaying it.   It's just a video file.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
TripleRoxas said:

Why in the world would the Wii not be able to do pre-rendered cutscenes?  The N64 can do CGI, the DS can do CGI.

Hell, all a CGI scene is is just content created on several high end workstations and then recorded as a video file and the video file played back on the console.

A pre-rendered cutscene isn't a factor of the power of the console displaying it.   It's just a video file.

Exactly

Viper1 said:
TripleRoxas said:

Ok thats fine, obviously i didn't know this. I appricate you taking the time to get it into my head though, so for that i would like to say thanks.

And i would also like to say Sorry, for coming in this thread with KH is god mentality, hmm or not so much maybe more like PS is god mentality but either way thanks for keeping me grounded.

and based off of your above quote, i hate to admit it but i see no reason why KH3 could not be on the Wii.

TripleRoxas said:

Dahuman and lordthenightknight i cannot see this video. >> hmm sorry.

l2flash

Around the Network

I say it should be multiplatform on the Wii, PS3, and 360. That would get the most sales, period.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

wow, what an old thread. i saw a post i made in this thread from back when i was still a nintendo fanboy. xD

anyways, given 2 years worth of hind sight,...yeah i dunno.

kitler53 said:
wow, what an old thread. i saw a post i made in this thread from back when i was still a nintendo fanboy. xD

Um, dunno what part? If the engine can work on the Wii, it still can work on it. Heck, I think Crystl Bearers used it, and that wasn't even puching the Wii. Or was it something else you are replying to?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
kitler53 said:

Um, dunno what part? If the engine can work on the Wii, it still can work on it. Heck, I think Crystl Bearers used it, and that wasn't even puching the Wii. Or was it something else you are replying to?

oh sorry, something else.  the part of this thread i had previously responded to and skimmed over today was about where KH3 lands.  wii exclusive, ps3 exclusive, HD exclusive, ect..

kitler53 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
kitler53 said:

oh sorry, something else.  the part of this thread i had previously responded to and skimmed over today was about where KH3 lands.  wii exclusive, ps3 exclusive, HD exclusive, ect..

Okay, just wanted to be sure.