By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

S.Peelman said:
Conegamer said:
The best news from this is all of these questionable avatars will be gone from VGC. They have run their course.

I think I'll just keep mine indefinitely .

Fair enough. In all honestly, it was good fun while it lasted. 

Always good to see a theme

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Like Robben just said on television: get the fuck out with that losers final match. Fucking bullshit that no player on earth wants to play.

Little trivia: both Brazil and Italy got their third titles and then took 24 years to finally win the fourth.
Germany's last title was 24 years ago. So there you go.

I remember some saying it was obvious the Holland would win against Argentina...

poklane said:
Like Robben just said on television: get the fuck out with that losers final match. Fucking bullshit that no player on earth wants to play.

If the dutch don't feel like playing it, just imagine how brazilian players feel.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Fair enough. In all honestly, it was good fun while it lasted. 

Always good to see a theme

Nah I'm kidding. I'll revert back to my regular avater and resume to talk about games again when the tournament ends .

Missed the second half and just watched the highlights. Why didn't LVG substitute Krul in? Did they run out of subs? Oh well, can't win 2 shootouts in a row. Now Germany gonna steamroll again lol.

Sucks for the Dutch. So much promise, still nothing to show for it and the 1-0 team reaches the finals yet again. I hope Germany beats Argentina. Can't have 1-0 games become the new WC winning formula.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I will root for Netherlands on Saturday. Brazil needs to lose a few more WC games so we can get past them in the all time table.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

DakonBlackblade said:
para182 said:
0 goals in 2 knockout games.

Football wins today,

A exciting final awaits.

Sorry van gaal your luck is out

Where did you see football today ?

Netherlands had 0 shots on target after 90 mins...

The better team went through today.

Germany vs Netherlands would have been boring.

Hoping for another final like 86'

para182 said:

Netherlands had 0 shots on target after 90 mins...

The better team went through today.

Germany vs Netherlands would have been boring.

Hoping for another final like 90'

*fixed

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.