By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
was exciting, fuck this , i think we got like 10 or 11 injuries in this world cup

That would mean that we only had the 11 starting players available. With Beto's Injury this was the 6th player having an injury, and H.Almeida and R.Patricio were supposed to be recovered for the next round, if we had reached it. 

We played like crap on the first two games and we had a decent first half in this game, but on the second half we played like crap again. I'm seriously, seriously pissed at Ronaldo today, he had 5 chances in front of the goalkeeper (not counting his goal) and he missed all of those. When we really needed him in this WC, he didn't back it up. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
vivster said:
In the name of all Germans I apologize for this horrible display...

it's the dark ages of own half possession football from the '90s all over again

I knew USA wasn't going to pull through today. :/

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

well at least we made it to the next round

All i want to say is we were royally screwed!
Someone sent their Ninjas to hurt portuguese players and even slow them down. Highly skilled ninjas if you ask me. Just look how slow portuguese players were moving in the field. It`s like they were dragging rocks behind them.
Not to mention that these ninjas had some kind of magical power that made Ghana`s players run, run, run, and then sun some more.
Also, that Ghana goalkeeper should mind his own business and save goals in his own team and let portuguese players alone. What a nerve....

Around the Network
vivster said:
In the name of all Germans I apologize for this horrible display...

Nah. It seems like the players were too reluctant to score again both because of Klinsmann and to avoid physical stress going into the round of 16. Netherlands and France also played the same kind of game. Guess that's FIFA's own fault for starting matches at 1 PM.

Watching WC cuts down my years of living, Lets go USA!

So now it's win or die? Tie goes to a shootout? I watch on Telemundo because the English broadcast is on espn

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
coentrao, beto , patricio, hugo almeida, postiga, andre almeida and cristiano never played 100%, and then we had that red card that realy fucked us. injuries and the red card.

today after ghana goal they didnt believe anymore, ronaldo didnt even wanted to run. Lots of misses passing the ball , they played like shit , ghana played like shit tooo, they gave those 2 goals lol.

germany totaly deserving to pass, usa will eat like 3 - 0 in the next game, they are tier 3 team.

The thing is, Ronaldo even at 50% is 10x better than any of the 5 players we have on the attacking side of our national team. 

Our reality is that we only have a world class player, two or three good players, several subpar/average players and the rest of them are just plain bad. And Bento is the most stubborn POS coach I've ever seen.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Max King of the Wild said:
So now it's win or die? Tie goes to a shootout? I watch on Telemundo because the English broadcast is on espn

Actually its Univison that is where I watched it also.  Wouldn't mind having basic cable but its something I can do without.