By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

RolStoppable said:
Congrats, NiKKoM. We are only on day 6 of the World Cup, but your thread has already outpaced the NFL thread 2013 in post count and is close to overtaking it in views.

Football > Handegg.

stop bring up handegg each time, as those numbers say nobody cares

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Bravo Memo Ochoa!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Soma said:
lol, no way in hell Mexico will lose 3-0 against Brazil. Most of this brazilian players played the Olympic games against a young Mexico, and Mexico won 2-1. Last year in the Confederations Cup, a terrible Mexican side with a lot of pressure and internal problems and almost out of the World Cup only lose 2-0 and played a good game.

Today the team looks a lot more stronger, I wouldn't doubt if Mexico is able to tie. Brazil doesn't look too strong to be honest, and they'll probably have a lot of pressure to win.

Told you guys!

Brazil could win, but 3-0? NO WAY!  Ochoa is an excellent goalkeeper and today he was a beast! Croatia could had won their game if they had a better goalie.

VIVA MEXICO!  I hope Cameroon wins tomorrow or I'll have a heart attack in the last game against Croatia.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

vivster said:
AZWification said:

All I really remember from the Portugal-Germany match is Pepe's stupid behavior which hurt Portugal in that match!

Not claiming that Germany was the best game, that was just for fun. But at least it had highlights. This however was cringeworthy. Not boring but quite unsettling to see two teams struggling with themselves.

The Mexico-Brazil match was really entertaining because both teams tried the best they could do, while the Germany match was kinda boring because Portugal wasn't even trying after Pepe got the red card.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Carl2291 said:
Mexicos goalie has to be Man of the Match.

I agree, he played really well.

No goals but it was still enjoyable. 

Around the Network

depends if you rate a match on goals or attractive plays

EDIT : not for

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Soma said:
Soma said:
lol, no way in hell Mexico will lose 3-0 against Brazil. Most of this brazilian players played the Olympic games against a young Mexico, and Mexico won 2-1. Last year in the Confederations Cup, a terrible Mexican side with a lot of pressure and internal problems and almost out of the World Cup only lose 2-0 and played a good game.

Today the team looks a lot more stronger, I wouldn't doubt if Mexico is able to tie. Brazil doesn't look too strong to be honest, and they'll probably have a lot of pressure to win.

Told you guys!

Brazil could win, but 3-0? NO WAY!  Ochoa is an excellent goalkeeper and today he was a beast! Croatia could had won their game if they had a better goalie.

VIVA MEXICO!  I hope Cameroon wins tomorrow or I'll have a heart attack in the last game against Croatia.

Me too. I'll be at the hospital. Such tension.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

AZWification said:

The Mexico-Brazil match was really entertaining because both teams tried the best they could do, while the Germany match was kinda boring because Portugal wasn't even trying after Pepe got the red card.

Yeah we probably haven't seen the same match. Brazil wasn't trying anything until like 20 minutes before the end when they suddenly remembered what the point of the game is. Mexico tried hard but failed at themselves rather than at Brazil.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

High quality 0-0

Brazil was overall better, expect for the first 15 min of the second half. Some brazilians players (David Luis, Thiago Silva, Oscar, Neymar) improved from the last match, while others (Fred) were bad.
Mexico seemed like they wanted it more than Brazil to be honest, but they needed Hernandez sooner.

Truth be said, Maxico next match is way harder than Brazil's one, but Brazil may just lost a opportunity to get Spain/Chile instead of Netherlands.

Lafiel said:
seems like being germany or one of it's direct neighbors is a good strategy

Nor working too well for us though ;)

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.