By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

LMAO EPL teams face each other once again.

Around the Network

Barcelona & Bayern surely on semi-finals. Rest will be exciting :) I think Real & City go through but I'd gladly be surprised.

Also 5-1 against in form Milan, that's something. I dare to dream.. but that damn Atletico Madrid -_-

RIP Champions League dream 2018. Should hopefully make the top four though.

Wyrdness said:

In a way it's good because it means an English team is in the semis automatically. On the other hand, it means only 1 team have a chance to go through instead 2 as how they've done it for Spanish clubs means all 3 could go through (UEFA's dream).

I'll predict now, if Real and Barcelona go through, they won't face each other in the Semis.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Wyrdness said:

In a way it's good because it means an English team is in the semis automatically. On the other hand, it means only 1 team have a chance to go through instead 2 as how they've done it for Spanish clubs means all 3 could go through (UEFA's dream).

I'll predict now, if Real and Barcelona go through, they won't face each other in the Semis.

The likely would have been 2 EPL teams had they drawn other teams other than Barca this is UEFA's tactic to guarantee one goes out.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Liverpool, huh? Our aggregate league score would have been 8-4, so we can beat them, bring it on

I remember Chelsea fans thinking the same years back during the Rafa days, Liverpool ended up beating them every time in Europe.

Ka-pi96 said:

meh, the present is more important than the past. You don't think Nottingham Forest are still one of Europe's top teams do you?

Where I live, they still are.

Hmm, pie.

I think Man City played horribly against Liverpool in their latest clash and we took full advantage of it, it will not happen again. Not to mention, Man City will probably have their EPL trophy secured really soon, which leaves them with enough time to rest and focus entirely on the CL. On the other hand, Liverpool will continue to fight to remain in the top 4 until the end of the season.

Ka-pi96 said:
mZuzek said:

Usually when I say "Europe's top teams" I mean teams that have won the Champions League and all that.

Edit: so in that sense, you should be happy you get to play against one of them.

meh, the present is more important than the past. You don't think Nottingham Forest are still one of Europe's top teams do you?

Maybe not but so far they still managed to do something twice that City haven't as it stands the former have more relevant history in Europe. :P

Wyrdness said:
The Fury said:

The likely would have been 2 EPL teams had they drawn other teams other than Barca this is UEFA's tactic to guarantee one goes out.

Honestly I don't think only Barca is capably of knocking them both out. Bayern, Real and Juve aren't little obstacles.