By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Oh man. Germany destroyed Portugal. I fully expected them to win, but at least I thought Portugal would have a chance. Finally one of the favorites shows why they are a favorite to win this World Cup. Great times!

But no 5 points for me, just 3 .

Around the Network

tbh the bad refs being obviously bad means that they are easily not included when going to the finals

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

vivster said:
Some controversial decisions. The red wasn't needed, there could've been a penalty for Portugal.

Still Germany was the better team. Don't forget there were already 2 goals before the red and Portugal never made a move after that. They just gave up. Even with a perfect ref this would've been a victory.

Indeed. Germany was far superior to us in every aspect and we would have lost the match no matter what. 

@ClassicGamingWizz

Coentrao's injury is extremely bad for us. I hope it isn't anything serious, but if he did tore up his muscle, then he's out of this WC for good. Pepe's red card is bad too, but Ricardo Costa can do a good job, but i'm not so confident about Andre Almeida subbing Coentrao. 

Hope he proves me wrong though.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

GG. Got to get some work done now. Will check out the evening game.

Burek said:
AlphaCielago said:
Good, now let us see Ghana and USA annihilate Portugal.
Germany avenged us.

After this game, with Pepe suspended and two injuries, Portugal has become the weakest of their group. They will most likely lose all 3 games.

Let's not get ahead. Ghana and US aren't Germany. It's certainly easier to score against them and their offence isn't what a team without Pepe couldn't handle. With the right mindset the next 2 games might be a walk in the park for them.

Also don't forget Germany as the master of blackouts. One game their the most confident mutherfuckers and the next they're shivering piles of nerves that won't get a single pass right.

Let's just hope Hummels is alright. Without him our defense might fall apart.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

hold it germany won, but it a similair way ajax took the championship, unimpressive and bland

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
AlphaCielago said:
Good, now let us see Ghana and USA annihilate Portugal.
Germany avenged us.

still mad sweden got destroyed ? ok...

You think I'd be happy of that?

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

kirby007 said:
hold it germany won, but it a similair way ajax took the championship, unimpressive and bland

when last i check a score board u see 4-0 not bland or unimpressive

4-0?
Sheesh...

Doesn`t matter. A lesson in humility never hurt anyone.
We will still win the other games.

P.s. I hope.

oh wow, I just watched this video of Pepe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj3jzbYqlr0

I don't like the idea that somebody like that gets to play in any national team.