By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

What a fucking hit from Daniels

Around the Network

Man city needs to step up, I'm not seeing title winners in these past few matches. But it is early still.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

1. Manchester United
2. Tottenham
3. City
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool
6. Arsenal 😣

Brighton, Newcastle and Crystal Palace relegated.

Good for City for getting the 3 points. But they definitely cannot rely on last minute goals to win the title.

Not gonna make a full table prediction but I think Crystal Palace will finish 20th. 0 points out 3 games while they've already played Huddersfield and Swansea at home, that has to be at least 4 points. And with their upcoming games I think they'll also lose the next 5 games, which will see De Boer get fired.

Around the Network

Seems United have officially transitioned into the Mourinho era, it was never going to be easy replacing Sir Alex tbh but they seem to have finally found a successor up to the task now. I have a feeling the top 4 this year in the EPL will mainly be a northern affair.

I'm disappointed it was only 2 - 0... I'm happy that I'm disappointed.

Missed penalty (tbf Kasper was 5 yards off his line) But overall good performance, De Gea only had to use his world class ability once.

2 Weeks until the next game, great to have a dominating win to go to training with.

Edit: Also, another clean sheet!

ArchangelMadzz said:

Missed penalty (tbf Kasper was 5 yards off his line) But overall good performance, De Gea only had to use his world class ability once.

2 Weeks until the next game, great to have a dominating win to go to training with.

Lukaku has to do better with that penalty by looking at what Schmeichel is doing. He does that and he can just pass it in the right corner.

poklane said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Lukaku has to do better with that penalty by looking at what Schmeichel is doing. He does that and he can just pass it in the right corner.

100% Should do better, he was looking at the ball the whole time. I assume he knew he wanted to go top corner and might have worked too if Schmeichel stayed on his line. 

Shouldn't knock his confidence though, but he should probably stay offline for a few days. 

Good websites for watching highlights? It's too early to follow full matches