By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

LurkerJ said:

We're losing Coutinho, as a Liverpool fan, I don't believe he deserves all that money, whatever, TAKE HIM.

He'll spend half the season injured or recovering from an injury

As soon as your best player is sold he becomes a player you don't need because he's injured a lot?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:

As soon as your best player is sold he becomes a player you don't need because he's injured a lot?

They are selling Mane?

Hmm, pie.

ArchangelMadzz said:
LurkerJ said:

We're losing Coutinho, as a Liverpool fan, I don't believe he deserves all that money, whatever, TAKE HIM.

He'll spend half the season injured or recovering from an injury

Not at all, of course we need him at Liverpool, hopefully we'll get good replacements. Best of luck at Barca, another favourite team of mine. Coutinho is definitely overpriced though, his injuries aside, he has consistency problems; his level fluctuates considerably within a single match. Regardless, I hope the deal benefits both teams. 

The Fury said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

They are selling Mane?

I think Coutinho at is bast > Mane at his best

LurkerJ said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Not at all, of course we need him at Liverpool, hopefully we'll get good replacements. Best of luck at Barca, another favourite team of mine. Coutinho is definitely overpriced though, his injuries aside, he has consistency problems; his level fluctuates considerably within a single match. Regardless, I hope the deal benefits both teams. 

Very true he's very inconsistent. But there are occasions where playing for a big team and a big club does make you step your game up, so I feel his form will improve because of the players around him. 

So Van Djik has handed in a transfer request. Seems to be the common feature with our player. I don't mind him leaving and hope we get a good price but others I've read mention things (usually not saints fans) seem to think it rather odd. He did sign a 6 year contract and hands in the request as soon as he has recovered from an injury that we helped him get over while paying him. Putting it that was seems a little blunt but again, he can go if he wants, we finished in a poor 8th last season with a getting stronger Yoshida (who's been at us for longer than any other play and should be made captain) and a kid.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
So Liverpool have rejected a £90.4m bid for Coutinho. Is Coutinho even any good? I don`t really follow Liverpool like... at all. But I`ve always thought of them as an alright team with a couple of exceptional players (and I`ve never considered Coutinho to be one of those exceptional players).

Like... is he actually worth that?Probably not... Or is this just a case of the Neymar deal inflating transfer prices to even more insane levels than they were before?

He's not worth that much. Even 50m is too much for him imo. Everyone knows Barca got some extra cash in their pockets though, and they desperately need to rebuild their team.

Their midfield is the weakest it's been since I can remember. Xavi is gone, Iniesta is too old, Turan flopped, Rakitic is inconsistent, Sergio Roberto was moved to play at right-back. Their front line isn't as scary as it used to be, Suarez had a mediocre season, and Neymar left. Don't get me started on their defenders...

LurkerJ said:
Ka-pi96 said:
So Liverpool have rejected a £90.4m bid for Coutinho. Is Coutinho even any good? I don`t really follow Liverpool like... at all. But I`ve always thought of them as an alright team with a couple of exceptional players (and I`ve never considered Coutinho to be one of those exceptional players).

Like... is he actually worth that?Probably not... Or is this just a case of the Neymar deal inflating transfer prices to even more insane levels than they were before?

He's not worth that much. Even 50m is too much for him imo. Everyone knows Barca got some extra cash in their pockets though, and they desperately need to rebuild their team.

Their midfield is the weakest it's been since I can remember. Xavi is gone, Iniesta is too old, Turan flopped, Rakitic is inconsistent, Sergio Roberto was moved to play at right-back. Their front line isn't as scary as it used to be, Suarez had a mediocre season, and Neymar left. Don't get me started on their defenders...

- That's a big factor. Even if Barca wanted a bad player other clubs will ask for more after what happened with Neymar. I think something like 30 million would be good for Coutinho in a normal situation, but I understand why they rejected 90 lol

- I know last season he scored like 60 goals but I personally wouldn't call 37 goals in a season mediocre lol, I agree with everthing else 

pastro243 said:
LurkerJ said:

- That's a big factor. Even if Barca wanted a bad player other clubs will ask for more after what happened with Neymar. I think something like 30 million would be good for Coutinho in a normal situation, but I understand why they rejected 90 lol

- I know last season he scored like 60 goals but I personally wouldn't call 37 goals in a season mediocre lol, I agree with everthing else 

Yes, I am aware of Suarez scoring records. He was completely absent in big matches though, forgettable perfomances. Definitely not the game changer he used to be in prior seasons. 

LurkerJ said:
pastro243 said:

Yes, I am aware of Suarez scoring records. He was completely absent in big matches though, forgettable perfomances. Definitely not the game changer he used to be in prior seasons. 

37 Goals. 20 assists. Scored in a clasico, Scored in both Sevilla games, Scored in the PSG comeback when he needed to, Scored in both Semi Final legs against Atletico Madrid. As 1 part of a 3 part partnership. I'd say it was anything but mediocre. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
LurkerJ said:

37 Goals. 20 assists. Scored in a clasico, Scored in both Sevilla games, Scored in the PSG comeback when he needed to, Scored in both Semi Final legs against Atletico Madrid. As 1 part of a 3 part partnership. I'd say it was anything but mediocre. 

Ok. I just seem to remember him being bad for some reason, a brain fart I guess. I still think Barca need to sign players for every line if they hope to remain competitive next season.