By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

poklane said:

Unfortunately, Abdelhak Nouri has suffered severe and permanent brain damage. A big part of his brain is no longer functioning and the chances of recovery of these crucial brain functions is close to 0.

Damnit, that's terrible :´(

Around the Network
poklane said:

Unfortunately, Abdelhak Nouri has suffered severe and permanent brain damage. A big part of his brain is no longer functioning and the chances of recovery of these crucial brain functions is close to 0.

ouch .. what a tragic case, 20yo and probably unable to lead a normal life after this

and it's worrying that paramedics couldn't prevent this outcome although afaik they were on the field reanimating him within minutes

Doctors have told Nouri's family that he probably wont be able to think, eat, walk and talk anymore, and he probably wont be able to recognize anyone http://www.ad.nl/dossier-abdelhak-nouri/broer-nouri-wij-geven-niet-op-en-bidden-voor-hem~a961e22c/
Holy hell....

Geez, I know the doctors did all they can. Hope the club support him and his family all they can.

Hmm, pie.

A fate worse than death that.

Around the Network

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round League Route:

Steaua București - Viktoria Plzeň
Nice - Ajax
Dynamo Kyiv - Young Boys
AEK Athens - CSKA Moscow
Club Brugge - İstanbul Başakşehir

I find this hilarious.

Huddersfield? They are optimistic. Saints have spend £6mil.

Hmm, pie.

It's not much, but Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Mauritania, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt have asked FIFA to strip Qatar of the World Cup and have threatened with a boycott if Qatar gets to keep the World Cup http://www.reuters.com/article/us-soccer-worldcup-qatar-idUSKBN1A00QO

Edit: bullshit apparently

The US team got the exact result they needed but their way getting there didn't inspire any confidence in the depth of the talent pool. Or of the MLS for that matter, considering how many MLS All-Stars are in this particular unit.

Edit: This will probably never happen again, but I was okay with botching two PKs, only because it didn't really look like we deserved either of them.  Oddly, Nicaragua committed other fouls that didn't get called but the ones that got called in the box were pretty damn soft.  I was fine with not getting rewarded for gaming the ref, in this instance.  And if an MLS team wanted to give Lorente a contract on the basis of just this game I'd be cool with it.