By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

Oh and if Ronald moves from Madrid I guess he will be giving Messi at least 2 new Ballon D'or. Can't see him getting better results in Man U or wherever he moves

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Player2 said:

It's what happens when a country doesn't have tax havens within its borders, unlike UK, and the authorities do their job.

It seems that Mourinho created his structure in 2004 (the year he signed for Chelsea) in the British Virgin Islands.

nah, if they were doing their job there wouldn't be so many people getting away with not paying tax in the first place. This seems more like a despearate "oh shit, we need money!" type of deal

The father of the guy who was the prime minister of your country until yesterday died before the British authorities could discover that he had an offshore society in Panama. Think about it for a moment.

pastro243 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

nah, if they were doing their job there wouldn't be so many people getting away with not paying tax in the first place. This seems more like a despearate "oh shit, we need money!" type of deal

I think it also has to do with a change in interpretation from the internal revenue service on how some things tribute, I heard that was the case with Alexis Sánchez at least. Some things they did to reduce their taxes were considered valid at some point or there were loopholes, but now that interpretation changed there are a lot of accusations.

I can't say this is the answer since they probably do many different things to elude taxes (There must be a lot of true frauds lol), but I also guess these practices must be kinda similar in the business. Maybe someone from spain could clarify 

*Raises hand*

He tried to dodge tax on his image rights income by creating an offshore structure. In fact he already had to pay 1.14M€ in 2015 for this reason. What's happening now is that more information regarding his offshore societies has been exposed recently (Football Leaks?), so the authorities are reacting.

Player2 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The father of the guy who was the prime minister of your country until yesterday died before the British authorities could discover that he had an offshore society in Panama. Think about it for a moment.

pastro243 said:

I think it also has to do with a change in interpretation from the internal revenue service on how some things tribute, I heard that was the case with Alexis Sánchez at least. Some things they did to reduce their taxes were considered valid at some point or there were loopholes, but now that interpretation changed there are a lot of accusations.

I can't say this is the answer since they probably do many different things to elude taxes (There must be a lot of true frauds lol), but I also guess these practices must be kinda similar in the business. Maybe someone from spain could clarify 

*Raises hand*

He tried to dodge tax on his image rights income by creating an offshore structure. In fact he already had to pay 1.14M€ in 2015 for this reason. What's happening now is that more information regarding his offshore societies has been exposed recently (Football Leaks?), so the authorities are reacting.

I see, thanks for the clarification 

What the hell is going on in Spain Di Maria just got convicted, seriously Mourinho, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and Di Maria, they'll be convicting the Pope next.

Remember people pay your taxes.

Mexico are losing to new zealand

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
What the hell is going on in Spain Di Maria just got convicted, seriously Mourinho, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo and Di Maria, they'll be convicting the Pope next.

Remember people pay your taxes.

Falcao and Coentrao are next, among others, if I remember correctly.

I doubt that football players only try to dodge paying taxes in Spain, so the question is why other countries don't do shit. In fact Luis Suarez did it from 2006 to 2014, so what are the countries he played in during those years doing? By the way, he stopped doing it when he came to Spain, so what Spain is doing is working.

I would've been good to beat Germany. Anyway, great goal by Alexis (current all time scorer for Chile over Salas) and we kept the first spot in the group. We will probably go against Mexico if nothing strange happens

No new manager yet, rumours of people rejecting us. No new signings and only rumours about people leaving.

Just like the old days of saints being rubbish near the bottom of the prem. I look forward to the next season but we really need to get a manager signed and a few players in before they all return from their holidays.

Hmm, pie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40385651

Mauricio Pellegrino is saints new manager - any thoughts from those that know him better than me, which is none at all.

Hmm, pie.

If true it didn't work for shit by the way, they came 3rd in their group behind Algeria and didn't win a single game.