Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

weaveworld said:
kirby007 said:
NiKKoM said:
weaveworld said:

Spain - Netherlands 2-1

But.. But.. Our team..

In that case i'm gonna get so drunk i'll miss the whole WC

I know... the closer we get the more I feel like we have a shot but honestly, deep down inside I know we don't. Depending on the brilliance of 1 man who will be injured by the first south-american he meets. A defense that has only played world class players on their Playstations, so we need at least 5 defenders... Remember euro '12, I'm afraid that will happen again.

If it doesn't... It's gonna be a great WC!

Einfach positiv denken

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

Einfach positiv denken

I am almost always positive about almost everything. But Dutch soccer nowadays...

Oh well, the WC itch started today for me so I'll be rooting and cheering no matter what for the Dutch.

STAGE 1st Team 2nd Team
Group A Brazil Mexico
Group B Spain Chile
Group C Colombia Japan
Group D Uruguay Italy
Group E France Ecuador
Group F Argentina Nigeria
Group G Germany Portugal
Group H Belgium Russia

Brazil 2 - 0 Croatia

Changed my avatar to represent! Brazil now has no chance :)

Brazil 3 x 1 Croatia .

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
I haven't been to this thread for quite some time.

Do we have to predict the score too now? Are we still predicting the whole tournament before it starts?

Anyway, my prediction: Brazil 1-0 Croatia.

Nothing has changed since it started. Earning extra points for predicting each match was always part of it. The difference is that the score predictions' deadline is one hour before a game starts.

Oh, alright. Thanks!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Burek said:

I feel sorry for you. I would expect 4-0 to Brazil so you won't end up getting pissed when Croatia loses with 2-0.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Brazil 2:0 Croatia

Will post my group predictions before the first game tomorrow.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

AlphaCielago said:
Burek said:

I feel sorry for you. I would expect 4-0 to Brazil so you won't end up getting pissed when Croatia loses with 2-0.

I think people are putting too much faith in Brazil, and at the same time know very little about Croatia.

But one thing is true, we are capable of losing almost every game. It happens very seldom, though.

We will all be much wiser in about 16 hours, if nothing, this is a great marketing event for Croatia :)

STAGE 1st Team 2nd Team
Group A Brazil Croatia
Group B Netherlands Spain
Group C Colombia Greece
Group D Italy England
Group E France Switzerland
Group F Argentina Nigeria
Group G Germany USA
Group H Russia Korea

Brazil 2 - 2 Croatia

Yeah I had a bit fun with that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.