By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

I feel so bad for the Polish people now. Poland is my third most favorite country in the world after Hungary and Czech Republic (or 4th if we include Israel, which we of course should), and Polish society has suffered a long time from crisis and misery, and after Brexit many Poles feel unwelcome in Britain (although I'm pro-Brexit and hope that all Poles now move back home where they belong).

The Polish national team going far in this tournament would have strengthened the spirit of the Polish people in a time of need.

Around the Network

Both teams deserve to be OUT at this point to be honest, the newly made up dumb rules that allowed third place to advance are just dumb.

I won't put it as Rol said but Portugal is playing bad because their starting midfielders (3 of them) are physically busted.

Tough day for me. Love both Portugal and Poland. So sad to see one of them go but delighted to see one into the semi. Happy for Ronaldo too.

Massive game tomorrow though. Again two teams I like but I'd like to see Wales get through.

RolStoppable said:
LurkerJ said:
Both teams deserve to be OUT at this point to be honest, the newly made up dumb rules that allowed third place to advance are just dumb.

You do realize that Euro picked up the old World Cup rules, right?

Nope, I didnt know. I'd say they are old rules for a good reason then

Around the Network

When you have to shoot a penalty:

But you don't choke and miss like Messi:

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

If only Ronaldo legs could do this:

Slimebeast said:
Belgium - Germany is going to be one hell of a final though.

Talking out of your ass way too early lol

Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:

Have you sustained a head injury? Because nobody in their right mind would give glowing support to a team that played like Poland with no drive to win games in the knockout stage.

I can't believe how they chickened out when they had the better team. Exactly same as Croatia, they too were better than Portugal and suddenly went ultra defense. Ffs.

I don't know wich teams you are looking at, but portugal has better players overall than croatia and poland. They have a rising star on this competition in sanches and they have a quality trio of slackers in ronaldo, quaresma and nani. William carvalho is also a great new talented midfielder. This team has more quality than the one of the last world cup. So, i get you get these ideas from the draws in the group stage.

I think that is more on the coach than the players. It's a strategy. But Portugal has many times played great football and not won. This time they are more pragmatic and are winning. Is it pretty? Nope. But it's working so far. We will see how far they can take, but semi-final is already pretty good.

If it any consolation... i hate it aswell. Not good for my health. 

People are really overrating Belgium.