Poland to beat Portugal
Wales to beat Belgium
Italy to beat Germany
Iceland to beat France

One can dream.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
pastro243 said:

People think those players are better thn they actually are because of overrated premier league 

I wouldn't say that. I think it's more just a case of the players not being used to playing with each other. When you are playing with the same team week in week out, you get used to the play style and how your teammates setup, but with international football, not so much. It's just in the case of other national sides, i think playstyles from their main clubs and their national sides are closer as a lot of the players usually come from the top 2 clubs....

... I say this and realise that loads of players from the French, German and Spanish sides all play in the Premier League but they are doing fine in this tournament.

Oh, I remember now, England are crap.

Yeah, it was an overstatement to say it's overrated, but what you are telling me applies for almost any national team. I think English players are simply not as good as the most succesful euro teams and if you combine it with poor management you have these results.

Poland Portugal 0 1
Germany Italy 0 1
Wales Belgium 0 1
Iceland France 0 2

I think these are the most common sense predictions.  I am from Poland, but I'm realistic.

At least Rol and Vivster will stop these salty comments :p

The Paris mayor has announced that they will award the medal of Paris to Ireland for our outstanding fans.

At least we've not gone home empty handed. I love moral victories!

http://m.rte.ie/news/2016/0629/798904-paris-france-euro-2016/

Portugal will hand Poland possession and beat this game on counter attacks.
Germany will have tough opponent on Italy, direct football doesn't work on them.
Wales will win this one because they're hungry and more passionate in this tournament.
Iceland won't have a chance.

Around the Network

I see 3 of the top 5 teams who've had the most possession are already knocked out. I think that says a lot.

Kerotan said:
I see 3 of the top 5 teams who've had the most possession are already knocked out. I think that says a lot.

Yeah... it shows that possession without creativity/infiltration/proper tactics generally do nothing. For example, England had the ball most of the time on their matches but didn't know what to do with it... they were just passing randomly hoping for the best, and it's not even like they were waiting for the proper time to move forward, they were just clueless. Meanwhile you have teams like Germany that have possession and patience but also know how to penetrate when the opportunity appears.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah... it shows that possession without creativity/infiltration/proper tactics generally do nothing. For example, England had the ball most of the time on their matches but didn't know what to do with it... they were just passing randomly hoping for the best, and it's not even like they were waiting for the proper time to move forward, they were just clueless. Meanwhile you have teams like Germany that have possession and patience but also know how to penetrate when the opportunity appears.

Very well said.  It's why Germany and Italy are so dangerous.  They know how to win.  It will be a very interesting match. 

It's been confirmed that euro champions will have a match against Chile (copa centenario winner) later. Seems like conmebol hoped for Argentina to win it and make more money with Messi

pastro243 said:
It's been confirmed that euro champions will have a match against Chile (copa centenario winner) later. Seems like conmebol hoped for Argentina to win it and make more money with Messi

Now, this will be interesting! I'll be rooting for Chile on Confederations Cup as well, hopefully the final is Chile vs the Euro Champion.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won