By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

That was an embarrassing performance by Brazil.

Around the Network

This is the perfect chance for Argentina, if they don't choke this time

I'm so happy for this loss as a Brazilian. We've been waiting for this for a long time, now we might, finally, get a real/decent coach.

Great times are coming.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

I'm so happy for this loss as a Brazilian. We've been waiting for this for a long time, now we might, finally, get a real/decent coach.

Great times are coming.

I second this.Dunga is such a shit coach it isn't funny.

BraLoD said:
LipeJJ said:

Great times are coming.

The coach is not the only problem, Brazil as a team just doesn't do shit as well, the whole mentality of playing for the national team is dead, it was actually alive during the last cup but that alone didn't prevented them to take a 7-1.
Brazil nowdays is a 3rd class team, and that won't change without very severe changes in the whole thing, which is hardly happening, Brazil national team is just a symbol to make money and promote personal interests, and I'm too very happy every time they fail while this doesn't change.

Anyway, at least Ganso and Rodrigo Caio didn't even had the chance to get tired, now I'm a bit less worried about the resuming of the Libertadores next month.

I completely agree that many things need to change, but getting a decent coach will make a difference already. It's such a waste to have many great players playing on some of the best teams in the world that seem to do nothing on the national team... I mean, even with our current roost I'm pretty sure it's possible to make a 1st class competitive team. We had  far worse generations than this one and still managed to be competitive.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Scisca said:

Yay!! We have just witnessed history. Poland (silver and bronze medal winners in the World Cup) has won its first ever game in history of Euro

I'm so happy that we've managed to score that goal and get the win. I like what I saw, we dominated the whole game, we are deep, have very, very good players. I think it's a given we're going to advance to the next round.

Now let's see what the Germans have in store for us

Man don't celebrate too soon. They do choke in big tournaments like England lol. Hopefully this year changes that.

My concerns were mainly: 

1) When they got the ball near the box, they moved the ball too slow and allowed defenders to man up easily when a striker made a move.  

2) Last 20mins shows some gaps in defence which perhaps a better team would exploit and not thumble the ball like NI did. 

Perhaps it was nerves of trying to win their first ever Euro Game, so now with that win under their belt hopfully they play better.  

Brazil deserved to get knocked out there performace was really disappointing. They should make this unified copa americas a regular tournamnet it has really been very entertaining so far.

It looks like euros need to get pass the group stages to begin to get good, the matches have been really lackluster so far , there is a big difference in being tactical and just not even really trying in that ger-ukr game players just casually jogging on the field going forward for both teams with liitle intent it seemed.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

NiKKoM said:
Rank Name Points
1 Nikkom 20
2 Kapi96 17
  Rolstoppable 17
3 AUGEn 16
4 Mike 321 15
  vivster 15
5 AZWification 14
  Anfebious 14
6 Carl2291 12
  S.Peelman 12
7 The Fury 9

Ouch.

Hmm, pie.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:
Paris atmosphere is insane. Turks, Croatians, French, swedes, Romanians, Irish all having a big party.

Was a little trouble last night (in Paris) with English fans but that's to be expected really. They just don't know how to behave.

We really enjoyed the opening match and ceremony and now today we go to Turkey Croatia. It should be a red hot atmosphere. Hopefully no trouble.

Paris is filling up with Irish though and tonight there will be a crazy party.

Nothing to do with the gangs of French from the Marseille ghettos or the Russian lunatic fans of course. Put your chip-on-the-shoulder  prejudice away please.

I see the same has happened against the N Ireland fans overnight.

Their reputation precedes them.  They make their own bed etc etc etc.  They sing ira songs,  they sing about German Bombers,  thet sing about ISIS and they burn down restaurants.  

we were partying with 2 English fans in Paris last night.  About 30,000 Irish in the place de clichy beside the moulin rouge.  Not an ounce of trouble. They were embarrassed for the trouble their fellow countrymen were involved with and really enjoyed partying with us.  

I was at the Turkey Croatia match yesterday. The atmosphere was crazy. Very happy I went. first time in the pairc de Princes too.

Today we go to Ireland vs sweden. Going to be another crazy atmosphere. I hope Ireland can we but most of us aren't expecting a good result.

As the flag says, we're here to take part, not to take over XD hopefully it's not true!