By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Football Thread - 17/18 Season

KiigelHeart said:
LurkerJ said:

That was quick. As quick as Harry Kane.

Vardy missing Man U match is a big blow.

I read somewhere Vardy might miss even more games. If that's the case, Tottenham will take the title I think. I can't see Leicester pulling those 1-0 wins without him. Then again, I did not see Leicester fighting for anything but relegation battle..

That would be too harsh. That second yellow card was too harsh of a punishment, enough already! The ref got on everyones' nerves, he was horrible, he ruined the match. Where is his punishment? -.-

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

That would be too harsh. That second yellow card was too harsh of a punishment, enough already! The ref got on everyones' nerves, he was horrible, he ruined the match. Where is his punishment? -.-

However much the referee was an issue his reaction wasn't a good look, if a red card comes out you're not going to change the ref's mind so just walk off the pitch and have a rant in the changing where the FA are less likely to know of it. Now the's a good chance that Tottenham will be champions.

NiKKoM said:
So if Arsenal stays fourth and Tottenham is taking the title surely Wenger is gone?

I just find it more funny Tottenham will win a Premiership while Liverpool have been trying for over 20 years tbh.

kowenicki said:

And in that 20 years Liverpool have won 1 Champions League (plus a runner up), 1 UEFA Cup,  1 European Super Cup, 2 FA Cups and 4 League Cups, plus some other more minor titles.

So thats the pinnacle of European football and 8 other trophies,  whilst Spurs have won...?  2 league cups.

I think Spurs fans would swap.

I don't think Spurs fans care about history only the now look at the size of the clubs in comparison for a start and that's before we bring Leicester in, winning the league would mean they're the best team in the country something Liverpool haven't tasted since before the Premiership's began, it's also arguably harder to win a league than any other competition. For those who don't live in the UK the reason this is funny is because Liverpool fans are known to constantly bring up their history and had an infamous cycle where every season was going to be their season, now it seems either Leicester or Tottenham will do what they've failed to do for over two decades even with Gods like Gerrard, Suarez etc...

mZuzek said:
Wyrdness said:

I just find it more funny Tottenham will win a Premiership while Liverpool have been trying for over 20 years tbh.

I don't see how that's funnier than LEICESTER winning it tbh.

As a neutral I can tell you Tottenham have always been the but of jokes from other fans and a fair share of it has come from northen fans so them doing what the second most successful team in the country have never been able is actually quite funny especially if anyone is aware of the Liverpool fan cycle from years back and the stick Spurs fans get from time to time. If Leicester win it it's more of a fairy tale tbh much like Blackburn in the 90s, they'll probably drop off next season but it's a cool underdog story, still funny but a cool underdog story non the less.

Edit: Here are examples.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

you a United fan?

Neutral I just like the sport.

Great refereeing at Aguero's goal.... please give the linesman some glasses!

kowenicki said:

hmmm.  dont sound very neutral.

A scouser? I'm guessing so.

kowenicki said:

I'm from Manchester.

Which would normally mean a City fan unless you hail from Salford.

poklane said:
Great refereeing at Aguero's goal.... please give the linesman some glasses!

Tell me about it and it's not even the only mistake he has made 😆 looks like he's rubbing his eyes all the time he's on camera too lol.