By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My thoughts on how Nintendo will go about their next console and handheld.

Personally I think there won't be "Next Nintendo Home Console". My guess is they're going to merge handhelds and home consoles into one device and go portable only. Something like Wii U portable (I.e Power PC based), backwards compatible with the 3DS/DS, potentially, digital only.
Of course, like I said, this is my personal guess, but just a quick look at the total sales of home vs handheld Nintendo consoles and that would make sense from the business point of view.
Also there's plenty of clues in the design of the Wii U itself. That would explain why the Wii U consumes so little power (less than Wii) and why Nintendo was so obsessed with power consumption (for home consoles it makes no sense). Plus the OS CPU is ARM based, just like 3DS/DS and Wii U, while connected to the TV is essentially two screen system, just like 3DS/DS. The game pad, apart from camera, has motion sensor built in, so technically, no extra peripherals are required and it's still compatible with the Wiimote. The 5GHz wireless video streaming is there and it could be easly reversed, sending signal to the Wii U, therefore to TV, or directly to TV with some HDMI dongle.
Of course I'm talking about 3-4 years old hardware (if not older than that), which with every year becomes cheaper and more power efficient.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:
spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

Interesting, but this will not happening for that price "They will release a bundle with both for $400", and I am not so sure for 2016. release.

And will have backward compatibility with DS/3DS/Wii/WiiU games and with Wii Remote/Nunchuk and gamepad.

There's no reason why they can't get a console to cost that much in 2.5 years. 

I agree that home console be around $300 and handheld be around $200, but bundle of that two consoles for just $400 is not gonna happen, its not real at all.

The point I'm making is there will be a signifigant discount in buying both. $50 each off of two consoles selling at a profit won't be an issue.

The point I'making is that is very big discount for newly arrived consoles on market.