By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN's Top 100 Games of the 7th Generation (In Progress)

kupomogli said:
artur-fernand said:

If FFXIII appears on the list, I'll laugh pretty hard though. Specially because Xenoblade (#80) and Ni no Kuni (#77. Their first mistake, should be MUCH higher) are already on the list.

Ni No Kuni shouldn't be on the list.

Ni No Kuni is top of the line.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
I would put SMG2 ahead of SMG1, and Portal 2 was way too high. I wouldn't even put it in the top 50.

Portal 2 was amazing. You take that back! The game design is simply genius, yet intuitive. Number 2 is a bit too high though. I wouldn't disagree about SMG2 being lower than SMG1 if that's someone's opinion. SMG1 did it first.

soulfly666 said:

I don't understand...If their site gave a game a 10 score how can it be behind non-10 scored games in their own best of ???

IGN Logic bro.

Well I agree with the number one, Super Mario Galaxy is one of my all-time favourite games :) Lots of games in the top 30 I still haven't played yet, so I can't say much more than that.

MGS4 is still too low though. Same with Twilight Princess, but that feels nostalgic to me already.

Yep.

Terrible list, i mean seriously Bioshock 17th? Bad Company 2 69th? No Modern warfare 2 but they include Black Ops? No LittleBigPlanet 2? Rock Band, Assassin's Creed 2, Wii Sports and Minecraft shouldn't even be in the top 20. Grand theft Auto V is majorly over-rated, its still a fantastic game but there is far better games behind it on the list. Portal 2 should only be scratching the top 10 but they put it second. This whole list seems like top 100 most enjoyed games of the IGN employee's with only few games that deserve to be where they are. I thought Super Mario Galaxy 2 was quite better according to most Nintendo players, but its in 20th while the first takes 1st. Metal gear Solid 4 though is the icing on the cake for how bad this list is, i mean seriously 59th? along with God of war 3 in 66th is bullshit. Why the hell is Halo 4 in 28th, Halo 3 shits on the 4th and that's all the way back in 82nd? WTF! Grand Theft Auto 4 shouldn't even be on the list tbh.

Around the Network

Dang! Didn't expect Mario Galaxy to take the top. Glad Portal 2 got 2nd.

Top 20 isn't bad actually. I thought 21-100 had some awful choices though.

HEMSTAR said:
Terrible list, i mean seriously Bioshock 17th? Bad Company 2 69th? No Modern warfare 2 but they include Black Ops? No LittleBigPlanet 2? Rock Band, Assassin's Creed 2, Wii Sports and Minecraft shouldn't even be in the top 20. Grand theft Auto V is majorly over-rated, its still a fantastic game but there is far better games behind it on the list. Portal 2 should only be scratching the top 10 but they put it second. This whole list seems like top 100 most enjoyed games of the IGN employee's with only few games that deserve to be where they are. I thought Super Mario Galaxy 2 was quite better according to most Nintendo players, but its in 20th while the first takes 1st. Metal gear Solid 4 though is the icing on the cake for how bad this list is, i mean seriously 59th? along with God of war 3 in 66th is bullshit. Why the hell is Halo 4 in 28th, Halo 3 shits on the 4th and that's all the way back in 82nd? WTF! Grand Theft Auto 4 shouldn't even be on the list tbh.

Mmm they are doing the rating. Of course the list is the games they liked most. 

Wii sports and Rock Band are too high

Journey managed to ninja all the way to 9 xD