By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL charts, week 8, mario and sonic super strikes back

Neos said:

at second bolded part : *grins*

Whatever floats your boat...

Around the Network

M&S is a beast, and we REALLY need to get this site to do a double check on SaTSR million seller status. The game is still on the charts and I believe we are approaching its 1st birthday dude. Seriously.... It sold more this week than Galaxy. Stupid insane legs. Its amazing. IoI should start tracking it again or something. Willing to bet its gotten its way to 1m worldwide by now, and if it hasnt yet, it will.

Also 6 third party Wii games, only 3 First party. Amazing considering we are talking about stuff like Carnival Games vs CoD4 and Cooking Mama vs DMC4. The gap in quality is massive, yet Wii is more than holding its own 3rd party wise now.

Dallinor said:

Neos said:

at second bolded part : *grins*

Whatever floats your boat...

oh sure when crazzyman does it it's okay but when Neos does it..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Unreal had a pretty good debut in the UK.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the only PS3 games that are in top 40 that are not relativly new are COD4 and AC... There are like no new Wii titles, and yet it still has the same amount near the top : )

M&S Wii Amazes me, this is the second time it has fallen off the charts completely just to rebound to #1 from no where. Last week I argued with Kamil that is was supply constrained, and he said they were just combined into one... this week proves it was mega supply constrained for the second time in 08... I would hope sega can keep it in supply from here on out.... I guess they are not used to having such a successful game...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Nintenpacman strikes back

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sonic > Mario in UK... I think UK is the only region where Sonic sells M&S more than Mario sells it.

Sonic Secret Rings znd Sonic Rush are both charting, Mario and Sonic owning(both versions) Sega has to be happy with their preformance on Nintendo platforms.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:

the only PS3 games that are in top 40 that are not relativly new are COD4 and AC... There are like no new Wii titles, and yet it still has the same amount near the top : )

M&S Wii Amazes me, this is the second time it has fallen off the charts completely just to rebound to #1 from no where. Last week I argued with Kamil that is was supply constrained, and he said they were just combined into one... this week proves it was mega supply constrained for the second time in 08... I would hope sega can keep it in supply from here on out.... I guess they are not used to having such a successful game...

Id say that Uncharted has stuck around for a while. It hasn't fallen off charts since release.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Uncharted has been there since early Christmas, and is about to slip out in late/early March. 3 months is pretty damn swell.

I wonder what Unreal Tournament III's EU debut figures will be. UK chart 6th place is really nice for the PS3, well done.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

I really thought Sega was crazy when they issued that 4m prediction for Mario and Sonic (although that was actually for Wii + DS sales, to be fair). Count me proven wrong, as the Wii version alone should get there. The strength of this game in Europe is amazing. Even if it falls off the charts soon, it will undoubtedly reappear in July and August when the Olympics occur.

Hard to believe, but Mario and Sonic could be this year's "Mario Party" and end up in the top 10 software sellers of 2008. Craziness (insert Crazzyman smileys here).

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)