By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lair to be "re" scored?

http://kotaku.com/359619/lair-analog-patch-confirmed

Often rumored and much desired, Doug Allen from the IGN Blogs has reportedly gotten his hands on the analog controls for Factor 5's much-maligned PlayStation 3 game Lair, and claims they are the bomb - quite possibly the bomb diggity.

I played it and Holy shit; Greg needs to give them a new score. It was kind of clear that Factor 5 put in the extra effort a little begrudgingly, but the results were amazing. This might push me over the edge into the "must buy PS3" territory. I also mentioned Greg Miller's name, and the Factor 5 guys burned a hole through my skull with their looks of hatred. I think they'll be alright once the patch is out for a while though.
Sounds good to me, though since this is just a guy in a blog post we're going to have to chalk this up as a rumor right now. Why no official confirmation yet? With all the new stuff to look at, who is going to drop by the Lair kiosk?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

I honestly never had a problem with the original controls, excepting trying to do the 180 degree turn.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I would look more into buying it if you could use the analog controls. They should just make an option to turn on or off the motion sensors.

Too little too late

Game has other problems besides controls.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

too late in my opinion, why can't they just admit that it was a terrible game lol.

Around the Network

They should do things right the first time. If something isn't working, try something else. Don't just say "oh well" and release it.

what about all the other issues that reviewers had with the game?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Really? I've heard otherwise people.
Obviously the game had other problems. Every game does. In this case, the main problem was the controls and it made it unplayable. Their not making the patch to make the game perfect - It will still have some of it's problems it had originally but nothing to make the game unplayable.
And after it's re-reviewed (if), it might get a higher score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

So it will score a 5 now? Crappy game with good controls....YES!!!

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
So it will score a 5 now? Crappy game with good controls....YES!!!

exactly,

as bozotheclown would say,"stop making sony fans look so desperate"

LOL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY