By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Sony keep supporting the Vita with AAA games? Will it just end up being an indie machine?

So?

Yes, I believe in a comback! 54 24.32%

No way, it's dead! 89 40.09%

What is this vita thing? 5 2.25%

How dare you insult the vita!? 8 3.60%

Hahahahaa vita ahahaha 16 7.21%

Not sure really 11 4.95%

^Indecisive much! 3 1.35%

hmmmm 8 3.60%

lol vita... 19 8.56%

Vitaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! 7 3.15%

Total:220

I think I need a Vita, it fits to my Wii U and Sony TV, lol.

But why don't they release a new Gran Turismo or God of War on the system (even nothing on the horizon)? That's like a Nintendo system without Mario Kart and Zelda.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that GoW 1+2 came two weeks ago on Vita. Dat marketing... I think it can be found for less than 10 Euros in a few weeks like most Vita games.

Around the Network

Keep supporting?

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Two big first party titles that I'm looking forward to are Freedom Wars and Gravity Rush 2. Also looking forward to Tales and Danganronpa 2 and keeping my fingers crossed that Phantasy Star Nova and Natural Doctrine will get localized at some point.

Scisca said:
vkaraujo said:
If Sony wants to be profitable again someday, this seems the kind of investment they should avoid.

No. It's: if they make an investment, it should be a full-fledged one, not as half-assed as this was. Release great hardware with incredible potential and... keep on pumping games for the PS3, which they were going to kill in a matter of months with PS4 either way. Sony has killed Vita when they decided that they want to keep on supporting PS3 instead of building a solid new platform for themselves - an epicly foolish move. Vita would be earning them money for ages, while the small PS3 boost gave them nothing. Instead of supporting early adopters, who spend the most money on games and are willing to spend $60 on a game, they've decided to be more attractive to extreemely late adopters, who rarely buy games either way, and most of them are used or cost next to nothing. Just how stupid do you have to be?

If Ni No Kuni, God of War: Ascension, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Beyond: Two Souls, Gran Turismo 6 and Rain all came exclusively to Vita on top of Killzone: Mercenary, Soul Sacrifice and other games, the platform would be vibrant and selling like cupcakes and 3rd parties would actually find a viable market for themselves on the Vita, which would allow Sony to focus on PS4 with a clear conscience. This call - supporting PS3 in 2013 instead of supporting Vita is what killed the Vita and what will cost Sony millions.

This is one of the biggest mistakes in the PlayStation history.

No, just no. God forbid Ni no Kuni and The Last of Us are handheld exclusives. They wouldn't be half the games they are today.

I agree GT6 and Ascension should be Vita games though (GT6 with another name, obviously). I'll give you Pupeteer too.

Sony should keep supporting the Vita. As long as it's for sell Sony should make games for it. Those that brought into the Vita might not with their next handheld.

Around the Network

Sony is barely surviving, so why would they waste money making games for a system that is a failure and has no chance of doing much better? It will remain mostly an Indie machine until even they stop supporting it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Make AAA games.
They dont even have to start from scratch, they can just share resources like car models from Gran turismo or Drive Club, for a new racing game for example.
Or they could just rip off the engine of a game like star craft or age of empires and swap the textures and sell it off as a sony game like Killzone: Commander (star craft clone), or God of War: Army of Sparta (AOE clone).

Just keep localising every niche lewd Japanese game and it'll stay alive for a few more years thanks to people with amazing taste in games such as myself :^)

Panama said:
Just keep localising every niche lewd Japanese game and it'll stay alive for a few more years thanks to people with amazing taste in games such as myself :^)

This.  They have done a great job of it so far, but have plenty more to go!

Sony can start by localizing an HD version of FF Type-0. Seriously, the game's already made. It'll be the easiest AAA 3rd party game brought to the Vita.