By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Square-Enix utilize Enix and Quest more?(Also ranting)

naznatips said:
Enix doesn't make DQ anymore, Level 5 does, and they do it much better than Enix ever did. Most of Square-Enix's remaining good franchises aren't made in house. (DQ, Star Ocean).

Enix never made Dragon Quest, they always had different teams doing the games. Chunsoft did I-V, Heart Beat did IV and VII, Level 5 doing VIII and IX, and even more teams doing the spinoffs and the remakes.

I know they didn't develop them, but how hard would it be for Square-Enix to just buy Quintet? They haven't made anything in years. I don't know where the ties to the license are, with Enix or Quintet but it wouldn't cost much of anything to get a license for ActRaiser, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia or E.V.O.

I'm pretty sure Enix holds the rights to Actraiser and maybe the first 3 Soul Blazer games, E.V.O. I'm not sure about. I'm not sure if Quintet wants to be bought, they've been working individually on projects far and wide and the most recent thing they did as Quintet as a whole was some work on Atelier Iris. If SE swallowed them up I'm no sure they'd be allowed to do thise spread out work that they have been doing for the past few years. It seems to be working forthem even if it is low-key.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

I would love a new tactics ogre / ogre battle game...