By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2014 NPD Thread!

So, as expected VGC was overtracking the X1 quite a lot. I still think it was all the overshipping that sent the algorythm into disarray. But i hope they do something about it now. Its not within an acceptable error margin.

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:

Conception 2 beats Mario Golf!

That laugh lol. Though Mario will have bigger legs, cause it'll be shown on every store shelf, CII is no where to be found except on the PStore.

Shadow1980 said:
Dannythegamer said:

Edit: Already posted in a post above, sales of the PS4 are inferior to their predecessors.

Check it again. The PS4 sold over 2.4 times as many units in April as the PS3 did in April 2007. In fact, the PS4 is blowing the PS3's sals out of the water. The PS4 also had a far better launch quarter than the PS2, and even sold better in January and February than the PS2 did in Jan. & Feb. 2001, though the PS2 starting doing really well in March 2001, which accounted for the majority of PS2 sales in Q1 2001.

Are These figures from NPD or VGchartz? I do not trust the data from VGChartz. 

If, these values are from NPD, yes, sales are good. But we have to see the expectations. There are more fans of Sony now, that 10 years ago. If we look at the sales of the Xbox 360 (April 2006 - 295K, April 2007 - 174K - both values ​​from NPD) the difference is not that big. Furthermore stocks are already reset. Extraordinary sales, are the sales of the Wii (which was in breach of stock until mid-2008). Sales of PS4 (we can classify them from good to great, but not extraordinary).

TheDrill said:
oniyide said:
does anyone still think having a kinect less SKU is a bad idea?

kinect-less SKU will win USA for X1.

proof: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183141&page=14#4

Proof is not the same as Conjecture.

I like seeing Mario Golf and Kirby numbers in April NPD because they released in May. Of course the final week overlapped with their release. I am easily amused sometimes.

Around the Network

Also Nintendo family
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=112184728

how did you come up with that PS4 number?

ryuzaki57 said:
Also Nintendo family < PS4 again

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=112184728

Well, it's also XBox family < PS4.

Dannythegamer said:
small44 said:
Dannythegamer said:
PS4 is doing a good job, but without historical sales. Yes, PS4 sales are good, but not amazing or extraordinary sales. XO is standing with very low sales at the moment. Sales below expectations of Xbox One, make it look amazing sales for PS4. which is not currently the case.

Is ps4 below xbox360 and ps3 first april if it's not ps4 sale are really extra-ordinary

Xbox 360
April 2006 - 295K
April 2007 - 174K
April 2008 - 188K
April 2009 - 175K
April 2010 - 185K
April 2011 - 297K
April 2012 - 236K
April 2013 - 130K

Xbox One:
April 2014 - 115K

Perhaps because the new consoles (ps4 and XO) still fail to attract its core-hardcore gamers consumers of previous systems. Reasons - Too many cross-gen titles. Shortly variety of titles, price. Maybe Consumers are pleased with  PS3 and Xbox 360. Who Knows. The biggest problem is the bad economic environment. Consoles are not essential services to the population. Long /medium term, the  sales of new consoles will stabilize in lower levels that previous consoles from the previous generations.

Edit: Already posted in a post above, sales of the PS4 are inferior to their predecessors.

No it's not. PS3 sold only 82k in April 2007 NPD.

Turkish said:

No it's not. PS3 sold only 82k in April 2007 NPD.

I was only compare with the Xbox 360, but a user ask me about about the PS3. I used the data from VGChartz. Thats why I was wrong...

The sales from Xbox 360 were: April 2006 - 295K, April 2007 - 174K. This numbers are not many different from the sales of PS4 in April 2014. The Edit I did, was in response to the a user who made me one question. The user asked about sales of the X360 and PS3. Initial, my post was just comparing sales of Xbox 360 with the PS4, and I wanted to demonstrate that sales are good, but not extraordinary. Extraordinary sales were sales of Wii (Wii had stock-outs until mid-2008).