By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one will catch up soon with PS4 and then outsell it in the USA

TheDrill said:
generic-user-1 said:
TheDrill said:
generic-user-1 said:
TheDrill said:
generic-user-1 said:
TheDrill said:
generic-user-1 said:
SnowPrince said:
Listing Netflix and yet IE as a selling force ? Seriously ? IE is the most hated icon on the internet..
And also it isn't a price cut.. It is a kinect-less bundle, which is inferior to the original offer, and yet cheaper and people over the internet claim PS4 as a superior console even if they're selling at the same price, so it isn't about the price.. It's about the exclusives and the public perception of the console.

nobody hates IE.... just nobodys uses it. hate ist such a strong word for something nobody cares for.

IE is the most widely used browser, even now, google it if you don't believe me.

u sure i should google that?

Source: StatCounter Global Stats - Browser Market Share

hm...

nice link bro

y im to stupid to link that right^^

the point is IE isnt the most used browser anymore.

It's still a widely used browser, and that's not the point, it's the only browser on X1, and now you don't have to pay for gold to use it.

thats right, but u claimed it was the most used.

worldwide it is : http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/windows-8-x-breaks-10-percent-internet-explorer-11-makes-a-splash/

China mostly uses XP and IE, that accounts for billions of people, more than all of USA and Europe combined.

so we have to sources that say different things...    i would say they use different ways to track... 

Around the Network

I think people forget that during the last few weeks of March's NPD, price WAS NOT a problem. The Xbox One, plus Titanfall (and a year of Live in some stores), was only $449. That was $10 cheaper than buying a PS4 with Infamous. Plus, there's the fact that Titanfall was EXTREMELY hyped. There were ads everywhere. Almost every commercial break I saw had a Titanfall/One ad. Even with all that, the PS4 still outsold the One by 60K. I think some are going to be surprised when One sales don't explode like they think they will.

Oh, and outsell it WW? Keep dreaming.

I think US customers want more then only the same price-tag...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

yes i can see it happening now they have dumped their console defining......ummm what exactly is kinect again,i get confused,obviously not that important to the XBOX vision since they dumped it,but yes now it is cheaper in its homeland it will most likely win, good market to win for sure,needed foe xbox to survive

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

noname2200 said:
So new Halo + earlier 360 win = Xbox One crowning? I'm not missing anything in this in-depth analysis, right?

Edit: Actually I did. Using Netflix like you could on every other electronic device out there + Internet Explorer. I concede the point.

You sir/madam, are my hero/heroine. Well played indeed.

Around the Network

In the States it will outsell the PS4 long term. It already had been by a few thousand every month but more so now. As a whole? The PS4 will continue to outsell the XB1 in Europe and when in Japan (when it gets released).

People need to put a few things into perspective. The PS3 outsold the 360 while late did it with a year disadvantage, uncomparable multiplayer with no cross game chat, was hard to develop for, it had a worse launch line-up, and released at a higher price tag as well. With all those negative impacts rectified with the PS4, how can the XB1 outsell worldwide when the PS3 with all the disadvantages did?

Last generation 360 came out a year earlier, kept getting price drops, had no competition for Live.PS3 came out a year later, much higher price wile PSN was just getting started. This generation X1 already behind, not cheaper and Live is no longer as popular.Last generation has nothing to do with this generation just like the PS2/Xbox generation had nothing to do with last generation. Global sales are the only sales that are relevant anyway.

Bold prediction.PS4 sells more in Japan than X1,ha.

Sony had outsold Microsoft with the PS2, with the PS3, and it will happen again. That is my prediction. Microsoft had all the advantages of the last generation and still came up short. I am saying that they have no advantages this time around so its not going to happen outside the States. The 360 only outsold the PS3 in the States but didn't on the global scale. I am saying I think the same will happen again but not scale it happened in the last generation.

PS4 will outsell globaly (which is US according to OP) and localy, which is EU where i live..

People. I never said it will outsell ps4 globally, only in the USA.