By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - so much negativity... i think it's a good move from microsoft.

Kyuu said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Kyuu said:
These are bad news to some fans since the console is no longer the promised, innovative, all-in-one system. Now it looks even more of a less powerful Playstation 4 with slightly different game library. X1 was thought by some to eventually develop into something different thanks to Kinect integration.

Since I was never considering motion gaming, these came as good news to me. But obviously, this isn't what everyone wanted.

When exactly will my Kinect stop to work?

Doesn't relate to what I said.

Much like Eyetoy/Playstation 4 Camera, PS Move and X360 Kinect.. it is now an accessory. Game developers will no longer design games with Kinect-integration in mind.

Since developers didn't exploit Kinect integration, the odds are they wont make much use of it as an accessory. Zappykins here is a big Xbox fan and that's preciesly what's bothering him.

i call BS, developers werent making much use of it ANYWAY. how much games were in development? Now you can argue that it would have been used anyway but I doubt that. Why would they? Xone wasnt doing good enough to justify 3rd parties making games JUST for kinect and any multiplat game wasnt going to use it. Why spend extra money on a version that wasnt going to sell as much as the lead console one?

Around the Network
Sharu said:
So now WiiU is the only nextgen console which differentiate itself both from console competitors and from PC-gaming. Also it has a price advantage... If only 3rd party wouldn't drop Nintendo support - it would be in much better position now!

LOL yeah cause people really love that gamepad, thats why PS4 hasnt been out a year and already passed Wii U...oh

Kyuu said:
oniyide said:
Kyuu said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Kyuu said:

When exactly will my Kinect stop to work?

Doesn't relate to what I said.

Much like Eyetoy/Playstation 4 Camera, PS Move and X360 Kinect.. it is now an accessory. Game developers will no longer design games with Kinect-integration in mind.

Since developers didn't exploit Kinect integration, the odds are they wont make much use of it as an accessory. Zappykins here is a big Xbox fan and that's preciesly what's bothering him.

i call BS, developers werent making much use of it ANYWAY. how much games were in development? Now you can argue that it would have been used anyway but I doubt that. Why would they? Xone wasnt doing good enough to justify 3rd parties making games JUST for kinect and any multiplat game wasnt going to use it. Why spend extra money on a version that wasnt going to sell as much as the lead console one?

That's exactly what I'm saying but it's Microsoft who's to blame. So much promises yet no execution whatsoever. I for one saw it coming ever since the console's announcement but quite a few Xbox fans had high hopes in Kinect-integration. Now that this built-in integration is gone, the chances of developers taking Kinect seriously have gone closer zero. It's unlikely we'll ever see a single big title focusing on Kinect.

same. ive always been more cynical. I thought it was pretty close to zero.

Pemalite said:
Zappykins said:

It's a victory for the trolls.   It doesn't help Xbox.

They will get one more sale because of me with this move.

The issue I had was the price, I could upgrade my Core i7 3930K to a 4930K for what they were asking.

On the flip side, Sony threw a $100 Australian tax onto the Playstation 4, Microsoft only threw a $50 Australian tax onto their console, potentially the Xbox One should be cheaper in the land down under when this takes effect by $50... And because Microsoft price gauges less than Sony here, I am more inclined to go with Microsoft on pure principle.

If I wan't graphics or performance, well. I have something no console will ever match anyway.

Well, without a Kinect you are missing out on quite a bit!  But you can always add one later.

But in all fairness isn't it the government that is throwing on the taxes?  Not the companies?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!