By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Next digg prediction thread

When do you think the next time this site will reach the front page of digg, and why?  Last one was Tuesday and that brought the user count to around 4500 for a short time when the PS3 made it to 10mil.  I think it was about 3 weeks previous to that this site made it to the front page.

Around the Network

18th or 19th of March. That would be the day ioi posts the numbers that contains SSBB first week in NA sales.

If SSBB sales are greater than 2m its guaranteed.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The one on DMC4 360 vs PS3 sales has some potential and might make it to the front page of digg, but I doubt it.

When wii sells it's 20th million seller it might, and that could happen prior to the 18th if Nintendo increases supply prior to SSBB launch. That said, attach rates will likely help the titles already over 1mil more than anything near that mark...

Will the site be able to handle it by then.... because I bet it could have gone much higher than 4500 if it hadn't slowed so much.

In fact if we get another digg as huge as that, we would probably still have a huge lagg, it's just it would happen around 10k users instead of 5k (or whatever the new server is capable of)

TWRoO said:
Will the site be able to handle it by then.... because I bet it could have gone much higher than 4500 if it hadn't slowed so much.

In fact if we get another digg as huge as that, we would probably still have a huge lagg, it's just it would happen around 10k users instead of 5k (or whatever the new server is capable of)

I am certain the new site will handle it better next time.  From what I know, it didn't max out it's resources, but instead reached some of the limits that were not increased enough beyond their default settings.  As to how much better it will handle it, or if it will require more tuning, only time will tell...  

Around the Network

It would be flipping hilarious if this one had got digged
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18263

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

The following looks like it might become popular (with over 30 already):

http://www.vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=889

When Brawl sales for US are released.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089