Forums - Sony Discussion - More bad news for sony

think-man said:
I thought they already took a cut last year.

They did in 2012.

I'm not really here!

Around the Network

I am more concerned about that loss they are expecting. It's the fourth consecutive year and they are expecting a big one...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Kasz216 said:
Well in general financial related news usually seems to lag a couple days, plus with the coming results being soon, people who saw it probably didn't see the need.

when are the results coming? haven't been on interwebnets in awhile. I did'nt know that.

Anfebious said:
I am more concerned about that loss they are expecting. It's the fourth consecutive year and they are expecting a big one...

*4th in the past 5 years.   Last year was a profit.  A forced one, but still a profit.

radishhead said:
Iwata took a 50% pay cut recently and Nintendo isn't in "going bust" levels of trouble - I'm not sure if it is as big a deal for a Japanese CEO to take a significant pay cut as it might be for an American one

Japanese CEOs have more integrity.  American CEOs would happily take a huge bonus while they run their business into the ground and ruin the lives of their employees.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

More CEO's need to do this instead of  getting a government bailout.

They arent really comparable are they, but anyway...

Sony (and all Japanese exporters) have had huge help from the state, direct and indirect.

I'm not really here!

oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:
Well in general financial related news usually seems to lag a couple days, plus with the coming results being soon, people who saw it probably didn't see the need.

when are the results coming? haven't been on interwebnets in awhile. I did'nt know that.

The 14th.

The next to the last paragpraph has the most interesting stat here and its one I had coincidentally mentioned a few minutes ago in a reply to Carl in the Sony results thread.

I'm not really here!

oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:

Tomorrow I believe. Around 18 hours from now.

Here's the thread 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kasz216 said:
oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:

The 14th.

thanks man,it'll be interesting 2 see.