By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - More bad news for sony

I am more concerned about that loss they are expecting. It's the fourth consecutive year and they are expecting a big one...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Well in general financial related news usually seems to lag a couple days, plus with the coming results being soon, people who saw it probably didn't see the need.

when are the results coming? haven't been on interwebnets in awhile. I did'nt know that.

Anfebious said:
I am more concerned about that loss they are expecting. It's the fourth consecutive year and they are expecting a big one...

*4th in the past 5 years.   Last year was a profit.  A forced one, but still a profit.

radishhead said:
Iwata took a 50% pay cut recently and Nintendo isn't in "going bust" levels of trouble - I'm not sure if it is as big a deal for a Japanese CEO to take a significant pay cut as it might be for an American one

Japanese CEOs have more integrity.  American CEOs would happily take a huge bonus while they run their business into the ground and ruin the lives of their employees.

oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:
Well in general financial related news usually seems to lag a couple days, plus with the coming results being soon, people who saw it probably didn't see the need.

when are the results coming? haven't been on interwebnets in awhile. I did'nt know that.

The 14th.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:

Tomorrow I believe. Around 18 hours from now.

Here's the thread 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kasz216 said:
oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:

The 14th.

thanks man,it'll be interesting 2 see. 

Lol this isnt bad news for sony its bad news for high paid sony bigwigs...

Good news for us. Sony is getting serious!!!

kowenicki said:
oldschoolfool said:
Kasz216 said:

The 14th.

thanks man,it'll be interesting 2 see. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=183028&page=1#

thanks. I don't know how I missed this thread. 

kowenicki said:
deskpro2k3 said:

More CEO's need to do this instead of  getting a government bailout.

They arent really comparable are they, but anyway...

Sony (and all Japanese exporters) have had huge help from the state, direct and indirect.

I'm comparing the GM bailout.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5