By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I dont understand...

Hi, I’m very sorry for my bad English.)))I think this question was discussed in this forum but I did’t find. 

I don’t understand, It’s talking Ps 3 is powerful and it’s have HDD and Blu-Rayand true HD (?) and bla….bla…bla, But what If Microsoft will come out Xbox “720” in 2010 (with HDD with HDMI 1.3With BLU-Ray and Others)???? 

What will do Sony with this??? Come out new console??? But PS 3 have’t many games yet. And Sony did pay for CELL and Blu-ray so much.

PS 2 have 3 part of Final Fantasy and MGS, but I think PS3 will have 1 part. I think that generation consoles will live not so long. It is not “Next Gen”.

I think Next generation will be TRUE. (with 1080p, without low framerate (it is never been) ).

What will be to 2010??? And when do you think Microsoft come out xbox 3 ??? 

I just want to hear opinions of people from other country.I’m sorry for my bad English again). 

Around the Network

Great question. I'm stumped.

I would hope that the next Xbox would come no sooner than 2011.

fkusumot said:

Great question. I'm stumped.

I, too, am at a lost for words.

The answer to this is well known

it is : 42

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

ok, so the XBox360 came out in NOV? 2006, ~4 years after the original XBox came out. So 4 years later would be NOV 2010. However, from what I've gathered, Microsoft discontinued the original XBox because a contract for their video card went bad, and instead of creating a new contract and reworking the Motherboard to accommodate a new video card, they decided to drop the XBox and start new with the 360.

Essentially, I do not think Microsoft will come out with XBox3 until at least ~NOV 2011, as this would be normal lifetime for a console. By then, people will want a new console despite the fact that Sony claims the PS3 has a 10 year life. So there really isn't much to worry about. I mean I bought a Gamecube near launch and it feels like the thing has been out forever.

I also think this increased worry about new consoles coming out to soon is due to the higher price of systems. It used to be $300 was a lot for a console. Who wants to dump $600 on a PS3 if Sony is going to replace it in ~5 years (which should be expected).

Essentially, whoever launches a console first, will be followed by the other 2 within 1 year, and they will all have new features to make them the console to buy.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
ok, so the XBox360 came out in NOV? 2005, ~4 years after the original XBox came out. So 4 years later would be NOV 2010. However, from what I've gathered, Microsoft discontinued the original XBox because a contract for their video card went bad, and instead of creating a new contract and reworking the Motherboard to accommodate a new video card, they decided to drop the XBox and start new with the 360.

Essentially, I do not think Microsoft will come out with XBox3 until at least ~NOV 2011, as this would be normal lifetime for a console. By then, people will want a new console despite the fact that Sony claims the PS3 has a 10 year life. So there really isn't much to worry about. I mean I bought a Gamecube near launch and it feels like the thing has been out forever.

I also think this increased worry about new consoles coming out to soon is due to the higher price of systems. It used to be $300 was a lot for a console. Who wants to dump $600 on a PS3 if Sony is going to replace it in ~5 years (which should be expected).

Essentially, whoever launches a console first, will be followed by the other 2 within 1 year, and they will all have new features to make them the console to buy.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:
The answer to this is well known

it is : 42

oh no, my friend, it's Canada.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.