By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bionic Commando Gimped on XBLA? Superior PSN/PC Version.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166495

While interviewing Capcom Producer Ben Judd for our Bionic Commando: Rearmed preview today, we learned that not all versions of this hearty downloadable remake of the NES classic are being created equal. When the game hits this spring, the PlayStation Network version (as well as the PC incarnation) will have higher-res textures than the Xbox Live Arcade version. Blame Live Arcade's 150MB limit on file sizes, Judd explained.

Thoughts, feelings, hateraid anyone? 

Around the Network

i didn't know it was coming to PC....can anyone recommend a good PC videogame controller?

On-Topic....kind of....what is the size limit for WiiWare games? 

This is kind of surprising to be honest.  But I can now see this setting a precident with third party multiplatform XBLA/PSN games.

150Mb isn't really that much of a limit seeing as demos for all the new games can take up to nearly 2GB.

I fully understand why MS is doing this to make it quicker to download and takes up less space, but this is obviously affecting this game and it will also affect the new SF XBLA game as well.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

Seems a bit of a shame dev's having to put up with these limitations... I wouldn't be surprised if the games in the future showed more of a difference!

This game does look like it will be fun anyway :D

They should increase the limits, but I guess people will still take it, so not too big a deal I guess.

Around the Network

That limit thing seems to give problems to Capcom, they are complaining about this issue, and the problems they have to finish up Street Fighter II HD.

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

This is good in a way. More developers bitch about it the more likely it will go up. By the way one of the community games is 193 MB so I am guessing MS will be upping the limit.

elnino334 said:
This is good in a way. More developers bitch about it the more likely it will go up. By the way one of the community games is 193 MB so I am guessing MS will be upping the limit.

Agreed.  You shouldn't screw the rest of the 360 users simply because a very small group of them (less than 10%) can't do something.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Ya I believe they are going to up the limit, mostly likely before this game comes out.

super_etecoon said:

i didn't know it was coming to PC....can anyone recommend a good PC videogame controller?

On-Topic....kind of....what is the size limit for WiiWare games? 

X360 USB controller all the way, also gives continuity between platforms for those that use both.

A quick google reveals the wiiware limit to be a rumoured 40mb.