By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Xbox 360 at 18 million, sucks everywhere except America/Britain

celticlonewolf said:
The "rats arse: part was never in the interview that was something that was added by kotaku.

Thus why I stated that I was paraphrasing Kotaku.

Around the Network

This is good news. Come one everyone, buy and play PS3's and wii's. Get off Xbox Live so it doesn't crash anymore and I can play games with my buddies in peace.

I´m curious to see how far the 360 manages to outsell its predecessor,by the end of this generation,given its strong markets remain being the U.S and the UK.

Well, it seems the tide is changing for the 360 in the UK as well. So they may start talking about just US. And how long is that stand going to last?

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

So with all the games being announce at GDC08 for the 360, all the Sony fans "OMG, LOLZ, M$ have no games for 360 in 08" is now turning into look at 360 sales it is failing everywhere.

The only "fail" sale so far this gen is PS3.   It was suppose to dominate right out of the gate.  People were suppose to get 2nd job just so they can own PS3 etc.  I remember back before PS3 launch, every gamestop I go to told me not to get the 360 because it will "die" as soon as Sony launch the PS3.  I remember reading that PS3 would outsold and surpass the 360 in the first year.  (They didn't even mention Wii back then).

I am sure PS3 will do fine, it is a nice system.  I am glad that we have healthy competition and this gen will produce a great gaming for all the gamers.  I am sure without the 360 and Wii knocking PS3 down a few notch, we would still be playing PS2 games and PS3 probably still have $600.00 price tag.  Competition is good for consumer, always is.

Around the Network

From what I understand, LIVE is very gimped in Europe with no or very limited video DL service. I don't know about XBLA games but are they even localized for the non english speaking folk there?

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

well vgchartz has em at barely 17 million???

^_^

Xbox 360 lifetime to date shipments were 17.7 million through December 31, 2007.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

So does that mean they might have over a million consoles out in the stores? Because I'm fine with that, lol. PS3 ftw!

shoot the messenger ROFL =)
probably someone above mentioned it but retail=/=consumer

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.