By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox360 DMC4 selling as well as PS3 - Capcom justified?

Xbox360 DMC4 selling as well as PS3 - Capcom justified?

vgchartz.com — It seems that both the PS3 version and Xbo360 versions of Devil May Cry 4 have sold around 700,000 units in the 3 weeks since release. What is interesting is that whilst Xbox360 sales of the game are much stronger in America, the PS3 version is ahead in Japan and Europe making it a tie worldwide. Was Capcoms decision to go multi-platform justified?

Digg: http://www.digg.com/gaming_news/Xbox360_DMC4_selling_as_well_as_PS3_Capcom_justified 

Around the Network

Overall , yes it was justified. That is the short answer.
It could have completely backfired in America leaving the 360 selling less, and therefor not justified. But it didn't

But I really don't think it was much of a decision for Cap since most games are probably cost effective to have both a 360 and PS3 version.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Probably. Business-wise Capcom was quite smart. To me it seems like the top exec's at Capcom think like gamers and observe the reactions to both HD consoles on the market.

And seeing as to how the PS3 and 360 has split the gaming community completely apart it was just natural that there would be potential buyers on both sides.

And going by the VGchart figures/numbers the investment was worth it and both versions are looking to reach 1 million.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

It was justified

BUT

the sales if it was a Ps3 exclusive we can say would've been much higher...

but I feel its justified

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

If the basis for justification is high sales then of course it is justified. I'm struggling to envisage how you believe the decision could possibly be classed as being unjust otherwise whats the point of the question? Care to enlighten us?

Around the Network

*Most* of the best selling console titles this generation will take two forms:

- exclusive Wii titles (90% of which will be Ninty titles)
- cross PS3/360 titles

Sales of CoD, Assassins Creed (for example) show there is excellent reason to treat the PS3/360 as a single platform target.

If you can hit the PC as well - bonus. Other platforms need a quite different code base.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

darthdevidem01 said:
It was justified

BUT

but I feel its justified

Are you saying that the sales of the game would have been much higher had it been released only on the PS3? 

crumas2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
It was justified

BUT

but I feel its justified

Are you saying that the sales of the game would have been much higher had it been released only on the PS3? 

He's saying PS3 sales of the game would have been much higher had the game been exclusive.

the best selling DMC didn't reach 3 million on the ps2 userbase of 100+ million, this game very likely could break 3 million on both consoles combined, so I would say it's easily justified.

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.

Dallinor said:
crumas2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
It was justified

BUT

but I feel its justified

He's saying PS3 sales of the game would have been much higher had the game been exclusive.

I seriously doubt that.  I can't imagine that a significant percentage of the PS3 installed base owns both PS3 and 360.