By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Gays are causing earthquakes!

Source BBC

Israeli MP blames quakes on gays

Ultra-Orthodox Jews protest in Jerusalem
An Israeli MP has blamed parliament's tolerance of gays for earthquakes that have rocked the Holy Land recently.

Shlomo Benizri, of the ultra-Orthodox Jewish Shas Party, said the tremors had been caused by lawmaking that gave "legitimacy to sodomy".

Israel decriminalised homosexuality in 1988 and has since passed several laws recognising gay rights.

Two earthquakes shook the region last week and a further four struck in November and December.

Adoption

Mr Benizri made his comments while addressing a committee of the Israeli parliament, or Knesset, about the country's readiness for earthquakes.

He called on lawmakers to stop "passing legislation on how to encourage homosexual activity in the state of Israel, which anyway brings about earthquakes".

Israeli court rulings in recent years have granted inheritance rights to gay couples and recognised same-sex marriages performed abroad.

Last week, Israel's attorney general ruled same-sex couples could adopt.

Around the Network

I understand why folks are annoyed with Israel's stand on gays but there is a bit of hypocrisy in asking them to have tolerance of other lifestyles and simultaneously showing intolerance for their religion. While I personally think the anti-homosexual stance that most religions take is pretty stupid I also recognize that a religion ingrained in a society is something that simply isn't going to change quickly...and even then I think there is a certain amount of arrogance in thinking that they are the ones who should change....

The whole tolerance thing is way too much of a double edged sword for my liking...personally I would like it if everyone just blurted out their opinion without provocation...if everyone did it people would be used to it and nobody would care what other people thought...it would be glorious!

PS - Yes that last paragraph is mostly sarcasm for those who can't tell.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wow, gay sex must be pretty good.

SeriousWB said:

I think this is the correct response.

Thank goodness the Jews have an even more oppressed minority that they can scorn. It's like a chain of command, except in reverse.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
SeriousWB said:

Would You Like to Play?

haha 

Vgchartz = Video...Charts

(On Machina request take off from my sign..........)

That just reminded my of the old Swedish prank call radio show "Hassan" and their number "10000 tyska bögar" (german homosexuals) about the possibility of Sweden being invaded by german homosexuals if we joined the European Union.

the word needs to be cleansed of these people, I don't care who does it, or how it's done, but it has to be done for the greater good of the human race, I won't say anymore than this, except for...the jews are cool and this made me lolz.

Troll_Monster said:
the word needs to be cleansed of these people, I don't care who does it, or how it's done, but it has to be done for the greater good of the human race, I won't say anymore than this, except for...the jews are cool and this made me lolz.

Oh how you flirt with him.....don't worry he'll be gentle... 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Troll_Monster said:

Cleansed of gays, people who hate gays, or Jews?

Most people dislike at least  one of those groups, but enjoy everyone who reads your post misunderstanding it and hating you. Oh right, that might be what you're trying to accomplish here.