By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - THE news of the GDC : GTA4 add-on 1 in August08 !!!

MattAAron said:
NJ5 calm down buddy...

I simply stated that besides those 2 episodes, there is absolutly no difference between the GTA4 on the PS3 or the 360.

Those reasons about BluRay/Home/HDD are obviously my opinions, as I stated in the quote you pasted. 'If Rockstar gives that option to install to a HDD, If Home takes advantage'

They are just personal reasons, can no one have their own personal reason why they choose a game on a certain console without being attacked? I didnt' say this is what everyone should do...

I thought I would come in the thread and share my opinion, those are the reasons I'm buying it. Obviously most people will buy it for the 360 for the episodic content, Awesome no big deal. This is why I hardly post in forums, people always have to attack everyones opinion they disagree with

Hey. I'm perfectly calm, I was simply analyzing your post. Of course you can have your own opinion, I couldn't care less which version you buy. But you were trying to make it look like the episodic content is a minor issue, when in fact it's a big deal to GTA fans. It's not just a detail like being able to install the game (which isn't even guaranteed for the PS3 version). But I think you're right; if you can't handle something as harmless as what I posted, perhaps you really shouldn't be posting in forums.

Thank you for the patronizing comment though :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

i don't think that they will buy it 10$ for the episode
microsoft paid 150 million $,they must have profits
so more than 10$

playnext3 said:
so more than 10$

Wasn't it $50 million?

And I'm not so sure Microsoft is concerned about profits in this case, it's more about stealing hardware sales from Sony.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I thought it was $50m, and of course their main priority is to make people get it for 360 instead of PS3, cause many people see it as a PS franchise. However, I have no doubt that the HDD will help, and that M$/Rockstar will announce the DLC before launch, unless it is just some extra weapons or something

I do agree that this is MSs best chance of neutralising any sales advantage Sony have this year - and taking back the initiative.

What would really help, is a MS funded advertising blitz - esp. if it was a "MS exclusive" advertising blitz (like what Sony did with Assassins Creed here).

Seeing the "360" along side "GTA IV" would be enough to sell units.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Passenger57 said:
With the way this game looks the 360 is definitely the choice for open world games like GTA4.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/854/854140p1.html

can't wait till someone posts videofeeds

Man, you are pimping this game like there is no tomorrow.  You should make a thread for it.

But I have to thank you, because in another thread - I followed the link and read the whole article, and it is worth the pimpin.

It looks fantastic in so many ways, that if executed properly, actually could take the title from GTA for the best open world game.  But that is saying alot since we don't know much 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

I'll be getting for the PS3, i'm not paying the $30 online tax of live.

shams said:
I do agree that this is MSs best chance of neutralising any sales advantage Sony have this year - and taking back the initiative.

What would really help, is a MS funded advertising blitz - esp. if it was a "MS exclusive" advertising blitz (like what Sony did with Assassins Creed here).

Seeing the "360" along side "GTA IV" would be enough to sell units.

Several reliable sources at GAF have said that is precisely what is going to happen. They don't even phrase it as a rumor, by the way: it's apparrent that they are 100% sure that this is the case, and that Microsoft is going to push it very hard. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

50 million or 150 million?? sorry i don' remmenber

NJ5 said:
playnext3 said:
so more than 10$

Wasn't it $50 million?

And I'm not so sure Microsoft is concerned about profits in this case, it's more about stealing hardware sales from Sony.

i guess you right