By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Visual Novels, Anyone?

So the other day, surfing anime blogs, I found the game version of Clannad. I spent a few hours (It seemed like a few hours) but by the time I looked at the clock, it was 4:30 AM. It had totally sucked me in. Anyone else here a fan of visual novel type games? I'm still loving Clannad right now, and playing the actual visual novel helped me to like the series better. (After what happened in the last episode )

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Around the Network

im a fan. Though ive only played 2 games. My first one was Fate/Stay Night the story is indescribably great .
after finding out the makers made another game I had to try that one too. The other novels title is Tsukihime.
Its not as good as Fate but it beats any RPG out there in immersive storytelling and would still get a 10 if i had to give it a score .

also i guess the phoenix wright trilogy can also be considered Visual novels. so 3 VN's for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Hotel Dusk. And the Phoenix Wright games.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
iclim4 said:
im a fan. Though ive only played 2 games. My first one was Fate/Stay Night the story is indescribably great .
after finding out the makers made another game I had to try that one too. The other novels title is Tsukihime.
Its not as good as Fate but it beats any RPG out there in immersive storytelling and would still get a 10 if i had to give it a score .

also i guess the phoenix wright trilogy can also be considered Visual novels. so 3 VN's for me.

Were they all released in English, or was there a patch?

fan made english patches. Though its quality is as good as professionally made translations.
You'd be amazed at what fans can do for a game they love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network

I know what you mean. Clannad has a few grammar/spelling errors, but it's amazing how much they translated. It's such a long and awesome game.

linkthe2nd said:
I know what you mean. Clannad has a few grammar/spelling errors, but it's amazing how much they translated. It's such a long and awesome game.

I looked up clannad, and a lot of people seems to like it.
I might check the anime adaptation sometime in the future.
though Im not a fan of the art.
their noses are way too small and their eyes way too big(even by anime standards).
I also read the maker of that series also made Air and Kanon, they basically have the same art style.
You might also want to check that out, if you still havent.

linkthe2nd said:
So the other day, surfing anime blogs, I found the game version of Clannad. I spent a few hours (It seemed like a few hours) but by the time I looked at the clock, it was 4:30 AM. It had totally sucked me in. Anyone else here a fan of visual novel type games? I'm still loving Clannad right now, and playing the actual visual novel helped me to like the series better. (After what happened in the last episode )

Ha! I'm downloading the Anime right now, it's a Slice of Life isn't it?

ArtofAngels said:
linkthe2nd said:

yes it is, more on romance i would think.
I havent seen it myself, and because my pc crapped out on me, im not gonna be watching it for a long while.

ArtofAngels said:
linkthe2nd said:

I love the anime, it's just... Episode 18...

SPOILER HIGHLIGHT

If Kyou's arc is finished just like that, I'm going to be seriously disappointed and probably won't even watch the last few episodes...

End spoiler