By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
poklane said:

Oculus Rift prcing:

• US: $599 (does not include shipping and tax)
  • Canada: C$914 (including shipping, not sure if including tax)
  • UK: £499 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • Eurozone: €699 (including tax, not including shipping)

HOLY FUCK! 

Do you think that Sony held up so Oculus could release the info first?

Around the Network

I take it that is the official pricing or just a prediction? Sorry I haven't been following any gaming news in a while.

It is official!

Aeolus451 said:
poklane said:

Oculus Rift prcing:

• US: $599 (does not include shipping and tax)
  • Canada: C$914 (including shipping, not sure if including tax)
  • UK: £499 (including tax, not including shipping)
  • Eurozone: €699 (including tax, not including shipping)

I take it that is the official pricing or just a prediction? Sorry I haven't been following any gaming news in a while.

Official, pre-order page just went up. https://shop.oculus.com/en-us/

AEGRO said:

HOLY FUCK! 

Do you think that Sony held up so Oculus could release the info first?

Definitely a possibility

AEGRO said:

It is official!

That's pricey for an unproven tech. I wonder how people (normal consumers) will react to it.

According to some reports of people that have used both devices, they have been saying that they are pretty much equivalent when it comes to performance (hardware wise).

If Sony manages to release the Playstation VR at 300-350$, it would be pretty much Game Over for Oculus Rift.

Imagine that you could buy a fucking Ps4 + PSVR at the same price of the Oculus Rift!

Around the Network

If PSVR wasn't planned to be compatible with PC then I bet Kaz is running across the Sony offices to make it happen as we speak lmao

AEGRO said:
According to some reports of people that have used both devices, they have been saying that they are pretty much equivalent when it comes to performance (hardware wise).

If Sony manages to release the Playstation VR at 300-350$, it would be pretty much Game Over for Oculus Rift.

Imagine that you could buy a fucking Ps4 + PSVR at the same price of the Oculus Rift!

Yes and no, Occulus VR will depend entirely upon the GPU you own (If Nvidia is to be believed, it's a 900 series GPU or higher).  So, if it requires a high end GPU just to function properly, then you can't just say it costs $600.  The PSVR comes w/ an external processing unit, so the performance is standard across all PSVR units.  However, that raises the question, if the headsets capabilities are equivalent, how could Sony possibly bring it to market for less than the cost of the Occulus Rift when it comes w/ the external unit? 

poklane said:

If PSVR wasn't planned to be compatible with PC then I bet Kaz is running across the Sony offices to make it happen as we speak lmao

wow... 

That's a really good sign at what sony priced their VR set at.

mornelithe said:
AEGRO said:

Yes and no, Occulus VR will depend entirely upon the GPU you own (If Nvidia is to be believed, it's a 900 series GPU or higher).  So, if it requires a high end GPU just to function properly, then you can't just say it costs $600.  The PSVR comes w/ an external processing unit, so the performance is standard across all PSVR units.  However, that raises the question, if the headsets capabilities are equivalent, how could Sony possibly bring it to market for less than the cost of the Occulus Rift when it comes w/ the external unit? 

Dont take my word as facts, but i believe Sony being a electronic company, they can find the parts at cheaper prices and use their own patents i believe.

Also, i read somewhere that Sony is willing to take a loss on each unit.

mornelithe said:

Same way they made a more powerfull console at the same price as Xbox1.