By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
OneKartVita said:

I'm sorry but not everyone is like you and only into AAA first party games.  

What's the point in showing the same shit over and over?  Like why waste time showing,  Detroit or no man's sky or gran turismo?  

They've had their spotlight now it's time for other games.  I think the show was perfect because it rounded off the year.  Basically every game that's coming has now been covered.  

And they saved their big gun new announcements for E3 because if they didn't they'd have fuck all and next e3 Microsoft could get huge publicity with people claiming they won.  

Psx is a Playstation community event and not E3. I'm sorry you had completely unrealistic expectations.  Maybe next year when we get a similar showing for the 3Rd year running you'll finally realise what psx is. 

the entire show was basically showing off the same shit over and over. other than Ni No Kuni and Ace combat most games were already announced. 

look at my avatar and you would know i dont care if a game is first party or not. and the fact that two of my favorite PS4 games this gen are indie (Rocket League and Dont Starve) means i dont only play AAA games. 

if they went on to announce new interesting indie games like Wild and rime, i wouldnt have been upset. but they didnt. the indie games they showed were meh. 

Around the Network

I thought PSX was weak for all platforms PS4, PSV and PSVR. Not just the announcements but the staging/presentation was bad as well (VR demo, pacing, two people on stage for no reason, NO SHUHEI). Excited about Ni No Kuni though and FF7 looks cool.

On the brightside im loving gaming at the moment. I'm jumping between Bloodborne, Fallout 4, Uncharted Collection, Until Dawn, God of War R and Tomb Raider DF and now Vice City and loving all of em.

edit 

poklane said:
tweet

Cool about PSP, but no PS1?? WTF. Also where's Ape Escape 2?

hoggin' all the action, I see...

poklane said:

Not much for PSOne... now that's disappointing.

Am I the only one who actually watched the presentation at PSX start to finish? All two hours from the first video to the closing mashup? Because I thought PSX was fine.

- Actual battle footage of the FF7 Remake, which has been a hot item since the remake was announced
- Confirmation that Ni-Oh is still coming west despite basically being rebuilt from the ground up since its initial E3 showing a decade ago
- Yakuza 0 localization announcement
- Some genuinely good looking indie announcements
- Ni no Kuni 2 announcement
- Paragon announced for PS4 (PS4 does kind of need a MOBA, and Paragon looks cool)
- Release date and more footage of the great looking Ratchet & Clank reboot
- Ace Combat 7 announcement
- Plenty of Battleborn goodies from the open beta coming in Early 2016

Maybe it helps that, like I said in another thread, I wasn't expecting five different megaton announcements and 20 different remakes and continuations of long dead series. I mean, a lot of you seemed to be expecting E3 + PGW x 7 in terms of content. Let's remember that Sony already has an incredibly strong 2016 ahead. They didn't need to blow their load right now to build up hype when the first six months of 2016 already have so many big releases coming.

"BUT WHERE WAS X GAME WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT?!" Not in the keynote presentation because there are no major new details that make it worth including.

"BUT RUMORS OF PROJECTS" - that I'm sure will be announced at E3 to start making the move towards clinching Holiday 2016 PS4 sales.

Game announcements are strategic. The fact that some of you still haven't realized that amazes me. There would be so little benefit to dropping AAA megaton announcements at the tail end of the year unless the first half the the following year was going to be weak and needed a little extra hype to fuel sales.

That isn't to say I thought the presentation itself was great. Capcom was on stage way too long for Street Fighter V, and the VR portion of the show was almost painful to watch.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Well that's shitty.

Oh btw in case no one has heard you can use cheats in the FF7 port by clicking L3 and R3. 3X speed, instant MP+HP refill, instant limit break fill

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
poklane said:

Well that's shitty.

Oh btw in case no one has heard you can use cheats in the FF7 port by clicking L3 and R3. 3X speed, instant MP+HP refill, instant limit break fill

Additions to the PC remastered version that I never really understood. Why facilitate cheating so heavily? Isn't that just admitting that the game is flawed and can be too much of a grind to slog through?

LuckyTrouble said:
ReimTime said:

Well that's shitty.

Additions to the PC remastered version that I never really understood. Why facilitate cheating so heavily? Isn't that just admitting that the game is flawed and can be too much of a grind to slog through?

Yes and no IMO. I can't speak for everyone but I have seeen both justifications and criticisms of the implementation. Those who liked the idea were veterans of the game who wanted to platinum it without such a grind. Those did not like the idea considered it making the game easy to fit in an age of easy video games.

I can't really label it a good or a bad idea, since you have a choice of whether or not to use the cheats

#1 Amb-ass-ador

bananaking21 said:
OneKartVita said:

I'm sorry but not everyone is like you and only into AAA first party games.  

What's the point in showing the same shit over and over?  Like why waste time showing,  Detroit or no man's sky or gran turismo?  

They've had their spotlight now it's time for other games.  I think the show was perfect because it rounded off the year.  Basically every game that's coming has now been covered.  

And they saved their big gun new announcements for E3 because if they didn't they'd have fuck all and next e3 Microsoft could get huge publicity with people claiming they won.  

Psx is a Playstation community event and not E3. I'm sorry you had completely unrealistic expectations.  Maybe next year when we get a similar showing for the 3Rd year running you'll finally realise what psx is. 

the entire show was basically showing off the same shit over and over. other than Ni No Kuni and Ace combat most games were already announced. 

look at my avatar and you would know i dont care if a game is first party or not. and the fact that two of my favorite PS4 games this gen are indie (Rocket League and Dont Starve) means i dont only play AAA games. 

if they went on to announce new interesting indie games like Wild and rime, i wouldnt have been upset. but they didnt. the indie games they showed were meh. 

Because they focused on a lot of stuff that wasn't given much time earlier this year.  A lot of indies but they all deserve their minute of fame. 

It was the icing on the cake for a year of great announcements.  If psx didn't exist the year would have been great.  

You must have been expecting the games they're holding back for e3 next year.  Well they're right to hold them back because e3 is far more important. 

PSP emulation? That's be great