By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Community Reborn!!!-An outbreak?! PSX has a date!!!

What did you think about Sony's Pre-TGS Conference?

It was nice 10 11.90%

Nothing that really caught my attention tbh 25 29.76%

It was awesome! 8 9.52%

Not Bad 7 8.33%

I didn't like it 11 13.10%

It was okay 10 11.90%

Needed more LoD! 4 4.76%

Decent 2 2.38%

Other 7 8.33%

Total:84
mornelithe said:
BraLoD said:
And Horizon will be da shitz!

Agreed, looks effin amazing, and the capacity for expanding upon that world (IE future sequels/prequels etc...) is pretty encouraging, also.

God I can't wait to play this.

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
mornelithe said:

Agreed, looks effin amazing, and the capacity for expanding upon that world (IE future sequels/prequels etc...) is pretty encouraging, also.

Yeah me too, looking very encouraging thus far.  Definitely want to hear more about the engine (crafting, collecting, resources etc...), but, they've definitely given themselves a very good starting point.

mornelithe said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Yeah me too, looking very encouraging thus far.  Definitely want to hear more about the engine (crafting, collecting, resources etc...), but, they've definitely given themselves a very good starting point.

I hope this does well (it will).  I'm wondering if Sony will do more games with Female protags? 

gooch_destroyer said:
mornelithe said:

I hope this does well (it will).  I'm wondering if Sony will do more games with Female protags

From where I'm sitting, the reception of Horizon, has already eclipsed the reception of Killzone, in it's entirety, which has to be a pretty wonderful feeling for GG, given it's their first shot at a TPS open world title.  Given the amount of time we know they've been working on this title, I think it will not only be a visually stunning game, but a deep level of content with strong mechanics.  Looks can be deceiving though, so I really want to see/hear more about it.  But, I'm definitely encouraged greatly.

(B)If the story/concept calls for it, I don't see why not.  I personally don't care what gender the protag is, as long as it's not a shallow story, with shallow/phoned in acting/writing and forgetable content.  It's hard for a good protag to carry a title that's shitty everywhere else.  Female or Male character, I just want good games.

BraLoD said:
mornelithe said:

I love the "everything is there for s purpose".

Explorating suvh a beautiful world that always keep rewarding you for it will be so damn awesome.

Aye, they're saying all the right things.  Just need some more detail on the world to be certain.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I hope this does well (it will).  I'm wondering if Sony will do more games with Female protags

From where I'm sitting, the reception of Horizon, has already eclipsed the reception of Killzone, in it's entirety, which has to be a pretty wonderful feeling for GG, given it's their first shot at a TPS open world title.  Given the amount of time we know they've been working on this title, I think it will not only be a visually stunning game, but a deep level of content with strong mechanics.  Looks can be deceiving though, so I really want to see/hear more about it.  But, I'm definitely encouraged greatly.

(B)If the story/concept calls for it, I don't see why not.  I personally don't care what gender the protag is, as long as it's not a shallow story, with shallow/phoned in acting/writing and forgetable content.  It's hard for a good protag to carry a title that's shitty everywhere else.  Female or Male character, I just want good games.

I wish this was atleast a summer title too/

gooch_destroyer said:
mornelithe said:

I'm really curious about the release window for this title.  They've been working on it for a long time now, so it 'should' be coming w/in the next 12 months.  But who knows, maybe after the reception it's gotten they want to go back and add more depth.  Hard to say.

mornelithe said:
gooch_destroyer said:

I'm really curious about the release window for this title.  They've been working on it for a long time now, so it 'should' be coming w/in the next 12 months.  But who knows, maybe after the reception it's gotten they want to go back and add more depth.  Hard to say.

Yeah, we'll just take what we can get then. 

gooch_destroyer said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah, we'll just take what we can get then. 

Well, I'm really encouraged when companies take their time on games.  I really do prefer it, actually.  I hate it when we start getting wind that a dev is being pressured to accommodate a larger corps. release window (obviously w/in reason).   That annoys me, and makes me think the game will be less and less about the developers initial vision.  It's also why I'm pretty heavily against telling devs what they can and cannot put in their games.  It's their dream, their vision, not ours.

BraLoD said:
bananaking21 said:
you guys are such losers, you cant even make a countdown. lol

We actually could, VGC kept preventing us of sharing them here, though.

yeah.. blame it on VGC.