By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Do Mods get paid here?? We need one for Prediction league!

Honestly, I've always thought being a mod is something to be proud of, so that's why it's a payless job.

I think we need a mod for the prediction league, It's one of the most fun thing on this website and yet, it's horribly under-updated. 

Also, we should have a weekly track of who won the current week's league. As it being a league, we should have a yearly contest to see who's the most accurate person.

We also should have 3 different predictions per week (NA, Japan, Others), as well as mini-ones for popular games. That should be fun.

For all those, I think we should have one mod taking care of all those.

I'm sorry if those ideas are already implimented already, but COME ON, we are about 1-2 weeks behind on that thing.

Just suggestion. :) 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

How about an actual use for vg$ first.

Kingofwale, I operate a forum of over 30,000 members but can't pay my mods. Just not enough revenue from standard advertising options to make it worthwhile. I assume it's very much the same here.

Most larger sites that can pay their moderators are operated at a loss anyway....I'm looking at you IGN.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Kingofwale, I operate a forum of over 30,000 members but can't pay my mods. Just not enough revenue from standard advertising options to make it worthwhile. I assume it's very much the same here.

Most larger sites that can pay their moderators are operated at a loss anyway....I'm looking at you IGN.

you misunderstand me

my point exactly, since Mods are paidless, we should have one for prediction league. ;)

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

All we get for performing our mod duties is access to Ultra VGChartz forums.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

First off. No, no we don't get paid. Secondly, mrstickball handles the prediction league. Thirdly, the Prediction league is "horribly under-updated" because they have to wait a week or two to ensure that the data doesn't need to be revised. Also, it practically just started. As methods improve we'll probably see more improvements.

So thank you for your suggestions but COME ON, it's a brand new service on a free website that you're criticizing.

Just responding. :)

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

^ Oh, by no mean am I complaining. I'm just sick and tired of seeing threads about "when will I get my Prediction winning" threads every other hour. :(

I just want to see the service expanded, personally I love the idea and would like to see more variety of the game.

selnor
Episode 2:

And I responded. The reason that the winnings don't come sooner is because it takes that long to ensure the numbers are accurate and don't require revision. And that is clearly stated. And as time goes on, we will probably see it expand to encompass all regions in all weeks, but the service has just started and they're still getting a feel for it.

These things take time. You wouldn't believe how much VGchartz has grown over the last year. It's almost unrecognizable. Things will continue to get better and better. That's just the way it is around here.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

considering I just started posting, I really didn't know if it's a new service or not. But since it is, it's a great idea. whoever came up with it, Major prop.

Oh, I knew about the rule, and unlike certain members, I didn't bet all my money in round 1. ;)

selnor
Episode 2:

Wait... You just started posting and you already have over 1,000 posts?

Quick word of advice. Slow down now or you'll probably get a spamming ban soon.