By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should I Buy a Vita?

I have been kinda looking into buying a Vita as of late and I was wondering if it would be a good buy. Any time I kinda look into it a lot my brother (who has nothing against Sony, they're actually his favorite company of the big three) tells me I shouldn't. He just doesn't like some of the desicions Sony made with the Vita, mostly the shapre of the handheld. So I thought I would ask you, the good people of VGChartz, a few questions about the Vita and you can also answer if I should get it.

1. Does it have games? - I know Vita has a lot of RPGs, and don't get me wrong RPGs are my favorite genre, but I would also like to play maybe a platformer or an adventure game sometimes so I want to know if it has a large selection of genres.

2. Is It portable? - Meaning does it fit in my pocket.

3. Is the price worth it? - I don't know what the official price is but the lowest price I've seen a Vita was $170. Is it worth it at this price.

4. Should I get it?

Thanks for your help.

Around the Network

1) It actually has a lot of great games, but mostly if you like anime/jrpgs!
2) Yea its portable but it does need a huge pocket
3) I think the price is a bit much considering how much the memory card costs
4) Look at the games library and see if you like the games, if you do, go ahead, if you don't, then no

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I highly advise purchasing a Vita.

Squirtle Squirtle! (You should buy a 3DS and buy Pokemon X/Y. I am on that game!)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Yes... oh you want more, um.
Yes, yes you should. Better??

Around the Network

yes!!! just check out the Vita thread!!! all you answers will be answered there!!!

If you like games: Yes.
If you hate games: No.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I like my Vita, but if you go in expecting it to be better than your PS3/PS4 it isn't and you will be disappointed. If you want the most powerful portable system ever made by far, with a halfway decent library and near PS3 performance on the go, you will love it. P4G, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Killzone: Mercenary, Lumines, Unit 13, Ys, and Rayman Legends are the best games on it.  I hated Soul Sacrifice and Assassin's Creed Liberation, but a lot of people love those two as well.  Being able to play a quick game of Madden anywhere you are is AWESOME.  It handles online play flawlessly as well.  You can pick up and play Madden and Killzone and whatnot anywhere that has wireless and play other people with zero lag.

don't think about it just get it..I have the oled version and its nice..the slim should fit in your pocket easier..between the PSP games and the vita games Rollin out now I doubt you will regret it

I think what you should most be aware of is that the satisfaction rate for the Vita is the higher I've ever seen.